cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpressey
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Feb 2020 SR1 Pixel Perfect Insert/Copy Page

How do I just insert a new page in a pixel perfect report? How do I copy an existing page and create a second page with the same formatting?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

This seems to work. I received a separate page for each chart using these steps assuming this is what your requirement is.

• add two charts as levels (you can used different charts or the same chart twice as I did for this example)
  • insert the levels into the template
  • insert a group header above each chart
  • in the to group header, edit the header and select 'Page Break: after the band'

This effectively places your two charts on separate pages. See image below for template structure

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

First of all I would recommend exporting your existing report then importing it with a v2 so you can use the v2 (version 2) report to develop your changes and leaving the original report as is. (mypxpreport > mypxpreport_v2)

In your imported v2 report

• To set the font for your template (recommend doing this before adding any items to the template) click on the grey area outside the report template and switch fonts. Any new fonts will come in as the font chosen. In this case away from default times roman to Verdana. (you can also set default font size here as well.)

• all objects added to this template will now appear as Verdana

Regarding "adding a page". Can you clarify your requirement further?

Do you mean you want another chart below an existing chart in the same template? Or Do you want a new chart on a separate page?

If the latter, i have tried using Report, Page and Group Header and footer bands but wasn't able to effectively create a separate page, slide, sheet for a separate chart at this point but I'm still investigating....but again if you could clarify your requirement it would be helpful for us.

Others here might have a solution for you so keep an eye out for those as well...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

This seems to work. I received a separate page for each chart using these steps assuming this is what your requirement is.

• add two charts as levels (you can used different charts or the same chart twice as I did for this example)
  • insert the levels into the template
  • insert a group header above each chart
  • in the to group header, edit the header and select 'Page Break: after the band'

This effectively places your two charts on separate pages. See image below for template structure

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply.
I’m working with a copy of my original so I do not affect my production version.
In the current report I have TopMargin, Detail and BottomMargin. The Detail consists of 9 different Images which fill up 1 page with landscape orientation. I now need to add another image, but it will not fit into the current setup effectively. I have tried adding page breaks making the Detail section longer. Neither of these approaches seems to work.

I now see your second reply. Maybe I'll create some dummy charts to force the second page.

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

I added two DetailReport bands along with GroupHeader bands. I copied the original objects from the Detail section into the first DetailReport section and removed the Detail section. I then added the new  object to the second DetailReport section. With a few adjustments to spacing I now have two pages with objects configured appropriately. Your suggestions nudged me in the right direction. Thanks.

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries!