cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothyj
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Filter Not Filtering

I am creating a simple Excel report that will list all open bills. To do that I am using a simple filter, as I have always done. I create the filter, add the field, then select the value I want to filter for. Evaluate is not checked. Verify Filter is checked. I preview the report from the report window and it does not filter. I filter the report from the task window after removing the report filter and it does not filter. I run it from the desktop and it does not filter. I schedule a time on the server, and it does not filter. I have never had this trouble before. I create a formula using GetCurrentSelections() on the Excel sheet, and it shows it as a current selection, but it does not filter.

There has to be something simple I am overlooking. This is the first NPrinting report on this particular application. It filters fine on the Qlikview app. It just will not filter it in the NPrinting Excel report.

20 Replies
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

The first one is not a numeral, but the letter 'O'. I double checked that a

few times to be sure.

Thanks,

Tim

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:09 AM Ruggero Piccoli <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Good. I have no other ideas about what to check.

I suggest you to open a support ticket so a support guy can connect with you and continue the investigation on you computer. Or you can send your environment so they can try to reproduce to understand the reason.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have couple ideas...

• do you have any triggers or actions in this qvw which could mess up with filters
  • do you have any macros?

above mentioned are not supported in NPrinting and might lead to unexpected behavior

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Lech,

No macros or triggers. That is why this is so confusing. It is a simple little Excel report where the filters will work exactly once. Driving me nuts!

I have been talking to my IS department. I think I will be using this as the motivation to go ahead and upgrade Qlikview and NPrinting to the latest versions.

Thanks,

Tim

boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Did you find any solution? 

I am facing a similar issue. 

My software version : 

Qlikview 12.0

Qlik NPrinting February 2019 SR1 [Version: 19.0.4.0]

boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Could you please let me know how to check a session 0 ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

co'mon @boopeshj, why don't you "google" it?

Capture.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz . Session 0 is related to Microsoft operating system so I suggest you to refer to official Microsoft documentation of the Windows version you are using. 

Then please note this is an old conversation related to QlikView NPrinting 16, instead you are using a Qlik NPrinting 17+ version. So, in similar cases please open a new conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 
Thanks I did Google it before posting here got a lot of results. But thought as @Ruggero_Piccoli it is easier to get to understand. 

boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Btw : After some own trial and error research found out that using text instead of numeric value for the field helped in my case to solve the problem. 

eg I was trying to use a filter on the Flag which had values 1,0 . 

But now changed it to Yes and No . This helped me. Posting it for others reference.