cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothyj
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Filter Not Filtering

I am creating a simple Excel report that will list all open bills. To do that I am using a simple filter, as I have always done. I create the filter, add the field, then select the value I want to filter for. Evaluate is not checked. Verify Filter is checked. I preview the report from the report window and it does not filter. I filter the report from the task window after removing the report filter and it does not filter. I run it from the desktop and it does not filter. I schedule a time on the server, and it does not filter. I have never had this trouble before. I create a formula using GetCurrentSelections() on the Excel sheet, and it shows it as a current selection, but it does not filter.

There has to be something simple I am overlooking. This is the first NPrinting report on this particular application. It filters fine on the Qlikview app. It just will not filter it in the NPrinting Excel report.

20 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Timothy,

There migth be many things you could do wrong:

• you could detach object from datamodel
  • maybe alternate states are used which are not supported in  NPrinitng
  • you could use wrong type of data
    • for text use text
    • for numeric use numeric value
    • for dual (which very often on UI is represented by TEXT) use numeric

Please provide version of your software, screenshots of your filter and maybe screenshot of datatype of the field in table viewer + its preview so we can lead you forward.

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Lech,

The data is text- 'A', 'O', 'C', and 'X'. I am not using Alternate States. Will look at 'detach object from datamodel' when I get back to work tomorrow. Selection works fine in the QV app. Just so confusing!

Will post more info tomorrow. After I posted this I got dragged into a long meeting. Thanks!

timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

I am using Qlikview Version 11.20.

NPrinting 16.8.

I started from scratch this morning. Saved new nsq file. Loaded template into a new report. I added two filters to that report- Bill Status of 'O' and a Flag of 1. I ran a preview of the excel report, and everything worked perfectly. Exactly once. I ran a test from a task and the report produced but did not filter. (I did not add filters to the task since they are on the report.) Now when I preview, it does not filter either. Again, it filters correctly exactly once, and then it will not filter again. This happened with the last two versions I created. I am really frustrated. This is odd behavior, to work once and then not again.

I have a bunch of other NPrinting reports that run from two different nsq files to different qvws. They are running and filtering just fine. The qvw this one connects to seems to be running just fine. *sigh*

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please be sure that the filter is applied in only one point. For example as a report filter. If you apply the same filter two times it is like to press to the same value of the same field two times in QlikView Desktop. It will remove the filter.

Be sure that you create the filter on the same connection of the fields you are using in the template. I think it is not your case but I want to be sure.

Open the Windows Session 0 monitor while the report is generating. You will see QlikView Desktop open and applying the filters. Sometimes this is useful to understand what is happening.

Be sure that the values you are filtering exist in the original document.

Be sure to have Verify filter checked.

We don't have know issues on applying filters in Qlik NPrinting 16.8 so I suppose something is happening in your specific installation. Having some screenshots will help to understand.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the response.

The filters are only applied as report filters.

There is only one connection. The report and filters come from the same data model / qvw.

I do  not have Windows Session 0 setup on my computer. I will have to get with IS on that. This is the log. The filters appears to be working fine, except they are not.

CaptureNPrinting11312018.PNG

I am selecting the values through the NPrinting interface. They do exist. They work once. Then they stop.

What screenshots would you like to see?

Thanks again!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would to see the setting of the filter. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

NPrintingFilterBillStatus.PNGNPrintingFilter45PlusFlag.PNG

timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

Added, but not as a direct reply. Sorry.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

In the first one the Is Numeric flag is not checked.

In the second it correctly is.

Could be this?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero