cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RydellR
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Filter problem

I have 2 apps the levels and filters work fine in one but not the other, I think 4 are the problem.  What's the best way to get help?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

We need to understand what you are doing and how you are linking things in Qlik Sense and in NPrinting:

So far I understood that you have 2 different apps in Qlik Sense App_A and App_B

Now you have to tell us with all details how you have structured connections Apps, Connections to those Qlik Sense apps in NPrinting. Do you have scenario like below

• NP App_A
    • Connection to QS_AppA
      • Filter (the one which works and excludes every record from Field_A that contains ‘x’
      • Can you share definition of how you have achive this filter?
  • NP App_B
    • Connection to QS_AppB
      • Filter (App_B filters exclude more records than specified in the filters for each table) - this is unclear to me..
      • Can you share definition of how you have achive those filters?

I suggest you start by providing very detailed info (with step by step screenshots of template, objects in Qlik sense, NPrinting template together with objects properties in templates so we could recreate your scenario and then give you an answer)

Important:

the bit which confuses me the most is the way you described it. When you said: App_B has four tables (all connected), four levels, and four filters did you mean:

• 4 Qlik Sense object tables connected in Qlik Sense (connected due to the same model an association),
  • but effectively used as separate tables in NPrintig with 4 individual filters applied to it
  • and also wrapped in 4 NPrinting levels?

If that is the case then we would have to study your filter definition, plus relationship to fields used in levels.

bottom line is that there is not enough info to give you meaningful answer as to why you are getting unexpected results (or maybe simply you are doing something methodicaly wrong there - you could have assumed something wrong)

cheers

L.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.