cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting Filter

I am creating an Excel based report in NPrinting.  I only want to show the rows where a column value is null.  How do I do this in a filter?

thanks

Frank

11 Replies
wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

filters can be dynamic or static.

here is the official qlik video to demonstrate filters:

Creating static and dynamic filters - Qlik NPrinting - YouTube

best wishes.

fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks, but that doesn't show how to handle exactly what I am looking for.  I only want if the field is null.  I have tried using ='' and Isnull

Both didn't work

wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

isnull() should work.

it might not be reading the correct data type.

try not(isnull()) to see if it gives the result you would expect.

if not, then you may have to re-format the data type.

fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I tried both in the evaluate option and neither worked.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you guys serious?

Were you ever able to select "Null" in QlikView or Qlik Sense simply on the front end (from listbox)? Of course NOT!!!

NPritnign works exactly the same, so you will not be able to do this via simple selection. First you have to flag those records in the load script of your application. I am aware that it might not be easy but 90% of time it can be done on the required level. Once you have your flag created you can use this flag as a filter in Nprinitng.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

thanks lech.

can use len() when creating flags in script.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Wade,

It all depends in your model. The biggest challenge is to have right level of aggregation (similar to the one used on front end in NPrintign report as well as dimensions and measures sitting in the same table as only then you can run a proper check if value is null.

Yes you could use len() function in script to run your checks and create flags. My usual approach is If(Len(trim(field))>0, 0,1) as FlagIsNull

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

hi lech, you are correct, thanks.

fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Let me update.  Without redesigning the application the null is being created in the table due to no value in 1 table (this is correct). I want to filter the table in NPrinting to only show those records with the null exists.  This indicates new records.