Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yop1986
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Freeze

Hi, Im using Nprinting 19.19.4.0 as shown in the next image:

clipboard_image_1.png

But when i work the preview of my reports, i have an issue... first all work fine showing my report, but then it stop creating the preview and even the tasks can't execute (so stop sending daily reports too); on the nprinting server we find a lot of render process and the only solution is to restart the server.

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_4.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yop1986
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, sorry to answer so late.

I actually don´t know why but this problem was resolved, I think (not totally shure) that the problem was on render some reports simultaneously and that consumes the server memory.

Now is working normally with multiple users.

Thanks all for your time.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Can you please confirm which version of Qlik NPrinting you are using? You had mentioned 19.19.4.0 (June 2019) but the tag selected was for September 2019.

It seems you have a lot going on here. Are you using Qlik Sense or QlikView with NPrinting?

Have you checked your QVF / QVW for any unsupported objects?

Does the NPrinting Designer freeze when launching? If so this could be due to a Zoom being set to anything other than 100%.

As for the Task Failures, without some information from the Scheduler / Engine Logs, it is quite hard to troubleshoot.

Please ensure you have a Multi-Core Processor in order to run the product.

Also, please ensure you have an Engine that is Online via the WebConsole - Admin - Engine Manager.

The log files for Qlik NPrinting live in the following location:

C:\ProgramData\NPrinting

Once more information is provided I can point you to some helpful articles to review.

Regards,

Eva

Yop1986
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Eva, I really appreciate your help.

First, the version is 19.19.4.0 (as shown in the image) but I didn't know exactly the release date of this version so i choose September 2019; so that was my mistake... then should be June 2019.

I'm using QlikSense Enterprise (recently updated the last month), with this update was installed NPrinting (we didn't have it before).

The information works perfectly on QlikSense (all graphs and charts) and when recently restart the NPrinting Server everything works perfect for some time, and then stop working on rendering previews (at least is the only moment where we found the issue). When this happens, is when the task scheduler fail too... look at this image

clipboard_image_0.png

If the incident didn't occur the task works fine.

The NPrintng engine is online

clipboard_image_1.png

*** Here are the logs of reporting_web_render

Thanks for your help.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Since three days up to 3 reports are running so no more engine is available to show your preview.

You have to abort them manually .

This also happened for me but there was more than 100 tasks (each hour 3 new reports are created).....

Regards

Yop1986
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi first of all, thanks for your help.

Tasks aborted but the problem continues.

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately the Web Renderer Logs won't show what is going on with your actual system.

We really need to focus on the Engine / Scheduler logs. If you are uncomfortable sharing them here you can always raise a case for Qlik Support.

Without looking at the logs it is hard to troubleshoot the issue, however, take a look at this Knowledge Article with regards to Failed Tasks:

Regards,

Eva
Yop1986
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Eva, thanks for your help.

I append the last events of each file, just when everything crash apparently.

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @Yop1986  -

Thank you!

So you are receiving the GRPC error which is very generic. It's best to focus on the end of the error, which in your case is "Connect Failed."

Please take the necessary steps:

1. In the Qlik NPrinting WebConsole Navigate to Apps - Connections

2. Select the App with the Issue.

3. Ensure the Proxy Address for QS is "https" and not "http"

4. Try the Item again, is there still an issue?

If so, here is our "Master" Article  concerning the GRPC Troubleshooting Steps:

Please let me know if this has helped with your issue.

Regards,
Eva
CraigB
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Eva:

Ruggero is helping me with this problem. Thank you for the follow up and

have a great day!

Best Regards,

Craig Bolton

Yop1986
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, sorry to answer so late.

I actually don´t know why but this problem was resolved, I think (not totally shure) that the problem was on render some reports simultaneously and that consumes the server memory.

Now is working normally with multiple users.

Thanks all for your time.