Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting - HTML - CSS formatting not displaying in email

Hi - 

I creating an NPrinting HTML report - works perfect.

When the email is sent, the formatting for the table is not displaying.

Here is the CSS:

<**head>
<**style>
table {
width:100%;
}
table, th, td {
border: 1px solid white;
border-collapse: collapse;
}
th, td {
padding: 5px;
text-align: left;
}
table#t01 tr:nth-child(even) {
background-color: #388aa7;
color: #ffffff;
font-family:Century Gothic;
font-size:12px;
text-aign: left;
}
table#t01 tr:nth-child(odd) {
background-color: #45aeca;
font-size:12px;
text-aign: left;
}
table#t01 th {
background-color: #215a67;
font-size:14px;
}
<**/style>
<**/head>

Any thoughts to why this is occurring (the ** is in the message for display purposes only)

Thanks - Jerry

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I simply don't know. I would have to test it as it is not really documented. 

I avoid using this approach due to mail clients not always working with it. Instead I usually use full inline style for each <tag> which requires it. I understand that this is a lot of work and it is hard to maintain, but given the scenarios I previously had this was the onlu reliable option. 

note:

my experience with this behaviour goes back few year. In this time there could be some change in how mail clients handle html content. I may spend some time testing it later..

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

When you say: When the email is sent, the formatting for the table is not displaying...." I am assuming you are reffering to HTML report embedded in email body - is that right?

If so - have you inspected what was created in email? You would notice that only BODY part of your HTML report is moved to email. Everything else is truncated...

That is why I mentioned in my previous post that you may need to use inline formatting...alternatively you may want to try to move <Style> into your <Body> section of html report

hope this helps

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi - ok makes sense...

Can you 'include' a stylesheet in the html code and add the appropriate css into the style sheet  ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I simply don't know. I would have to test it as it is not really documented. 

I avoid using this approach due to mail clients not always working with it. Instead I usually use full inline style for each <tag> which requires it. I understand that this is a lot of work and it is hard to maintain, but given the scenarios I previously had this was the onlu reliable option. 

note:

my experience with this behaviour goes back few year. In this time there could be some change in how mail clients handle html content. I may spend some time testing it later..

jerryr125
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes after further research this seems to be a problem in the google mail and NOT Nprinting - thank you

HarshaPotnuru
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

Please include the <style> tag under <body> tag. Then it will work for you.

Example:

<html>

<body>

<style>

CSS....

</style>

<table>

Enter or drag data as you like...

</table>

</body>

</html>