cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting HTML Table

Please I need suggestions on how to fix this issue I have. I created an HTML table which am supposed to embedded in an email to send to the end user. The report creation and preview go hitch free but in the email the table structure that is the borders disappear. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Below is my code and screen shot of the table in preview and when embedded in an email. Thanks

<html>
<head>
<title>Table Example</title>
<style>
table {
border-collapse: collapse;
width: 100%;
}
th, td {
border: 1px solid grey;
padding: 10px;
}
</style>
</head>
<P style="font-family:Tahoma;font-size:48px"><P style="color:#000080;font-size:50px"align="center"><B> Demand Planning Negative Inventory Reporting </B></P></P>
<P style="font-size:14px;color:#000000"><B><P align="center">%%Report Date%%</P></B></P>
<body>
<table
<tr>

<th style="background-color:#6495ED"><P align="left">Depot Inventory Location ID</P></th>
<th style="background-color:#6495ED"><P align="left">Quantity</P></th>

</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>%%ID%%</td>
<td>%%=Num(QUANTITY, '#,##0')%%</td>
</tr>
</tbody>

</table>

Pomna_0-1601943880871.png

Pomna_1-1601943916603.png

Labels (2)
6 Replies
avinashelite

Try Changing  the width to : 95% in outlook sometimes it gets disappeared  and one more thing any specific reason your using the individual fields instead of the  chart in Qlik as object/images because if you use the direct object it will take all the properties from Qlik object formatting 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are few things very obvious to start with:

• first - what goes to email is the content from <BODY> section of your HTML report so your STYLE tags are being removed hence they don't work.
  • second - the styles should be used inline directly in the table and you need to check which styles are supported in outlook or any other mail client. This is however outside of NPrinting and is purely html vs mail client issue.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @avinashelite 

I vote against using images and whole object tags as this should only be used as a last possible solution. Other than simplicity it does not bring any extra value. The issue described by @Pomna is related to fact that mail clients are very fussy in regards to how they render html and the fact that only section from between <BODY></BODY> tags is making its way to html embedded report.

You should always check support of features used by reviewing css support using tools like:  https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
avinashelite

thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz , for updating me 😀....Generally I try to do most of the formatting in Qlik so easy to manage , Your rite !

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @avinashelite 

I agree that in general you would like to do as much as possible in Qlik, but format support is something what is hard to maintain in Qlik when you want it to be reflected in NPrinting. It also depends on the template you use and on the format you want to apply.

With QlikView it was little bit easier as we had non responsive design. Still many formatting features would not work (like colour transparencies or image transparencies) and would require different approach. 

So as much as I can agree that it is simpler to do most in Qlik, I think it is not better (or even possible) when used with well formatted NPrinting reports

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The result could also depends on the email client you are using. So I suggest you to test your email with one of the online tools that will render it emulating many different email clients so you will see how it will appear. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.