Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NarayanaSwamyKarli

NPrinting Higher environments configuration for on-demand components

Hi All,

(Thanks Frank for the support on my previous question)

In continuation to that, I want to better understand the technicalities involved here. Apologies, I am very naïve in admin/infrastructure/networking areass.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/expression-editor-removed-from-on-demand-np...

So, as per video found on the Qlik Help site the higher environments buttons with respective NPrinting server URLs should be configured in DEV only and conditionally show/hide based on environment by using computername().

I see, the video shows configuring of DEV and PROD buttons in DEV and publishing. with 

DEV: rd-dgb.NPEngine.rdlund.qliktech.com:4993/   (my project similarly has us_dev_np.server.com and Qlik in us_dev_qlik.server.com)

PROD: rd-dgb.NPProd.rdlund.qliktech.com:4993/   (my project similarly has eur_sit_np.server.com and Qlik in eur_sit_qlik.server.com)

so here, the domain is qliktech.com and sub domain are rd-dgb.NPEngine & rd-dgb.NPProd

The unsupported configurations listed in below link says cross-domain is not supported, but the different sub-domains should be supported....isn't it...?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-...

However, I see, I am able to access "eur_sit_np.server.com" through web console, but when I try to configure this URL in DEV Qlik sense app in "us_dev_qlik.server.com", the credentials are not accepted, so is this something to do with the accesses or is it really a unsupported scenario of nprinting...?

can you please help in understanding the connectivity issue here

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz

I would say it may have something to do with access:

Can you check following

• are you using 3rd party trusted ssl certificates? 
    • are they wildcard certificates?
    • are they configured on both DEV and PROD NPrinting
  • What do you see in Web browser developer tools (F12) when you try connect
  • How is account you are using visible in both environments (what is user domain when you are logging to both)
    • is it the same?
    • is it configured in NPrinting User settings so it can be used with NTLM authentication?
    • is user configured in both NPrinting environments to have OnDemand access/does it have role assigned?
  • Is Qlik Sense configured as trusted origin in both NPrinting environments?

Seeing error for dev tools could be helpful...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
NarayanaSwamyKarli
Author

Thanks Lech for looking into this.

Apologies, I have to stop this discussion as I have come to know from our Admin team that our client has their custom way to trigger nprinting reports and on-demand button should not be used. So, cannot get the asked details as well to find the issue.

Thanks any way.

Regards,

Narayana