Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting: How to distribute cost centre reports

Hello

I have a cost centre report in N Printing.  I am using section access so that on the access point the user only sees the cost centres they are entitled to.  This works ok.

But when I publish a task on N Printing I want to send an email and attach the cost centre report in excel, however the users receive all the cost centre data.  How can I set up N Printing so the user only receives the data for the cost centre that they are entitled to. I have tried filters but I cant seem to get it to work.

Many thanks

Paul

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

... just add specific filters ... without any Section Access

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Robin answer is a alternative but ideally check this checkbox on your connection configuration (see screenshot)

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech

The below is the current connection on the local server

I understand I need to change from 'Local' to 'Server'

I also think I need to change the path, so have changed to

DCL1-QLIK-WV01/FIN-DEV-UserDocuments/Costc/Cost_Report.qvw

Based on the settings on the Management Console

But I get Invalid document path.  Can you think why this might be?

Thanks

Paul

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - you need to change the path to a document and it is not a path you see in management console.

please check out this thread and also make sure you fulfill all requirements for creating server connection :

How to connect Qlik N printing 17.4 to Qlik View server

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Connect-...

I actually suggest you study properly the help document as there can be a lot more you might need to learn!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.