Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwoklimho
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Issue

Hi all,

While using the Nprinting, I have following questions to ask:

1. While dragging-and-dropping the image to NPrinting, the preview cannot show the whole table, how to settle the settings to print all the content in table?
  2. How to rotate 90° of the image?
  3. I have settled the conditional for showing colors. However, when I create the report in Nprinting, all the color settings disappears. Is it related to setting issues?

Regards,

Leo

16 Replies
kwoklimho
Author

Thanks for your help! Lech_Miszkiewicz, it works finally.

However, some rows and columns are missing in the report generated.

Are there any possible solutions?

clipboard_image_0.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is now whole new story. If your pivot table does not fit on full screen the image generated will be cropped (just like you have scrollbars in Qliksense). This is working as designed and there is nothing you can do. 

What you can do instead is instead of using image you ca build your pivot table in excel or pixel perfect. This was already discussed and is very well documented in help (https://help.qlik.com) and community. Please search for it

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check the chapter Changing image size of Qlik Sense charts of the help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Image-Dimension...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is quite usefull.. I will have a play with this functionality as I was not fully aware of its existence. Will be probably usefull to see how it works with screenshots attached for comparison ...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I did some initial testing... and it turned out it is actually possible just like Ruggero said to change Qlik Sense object size to show more data if required. This was introduced in NPrinting February 2019 and i simply missed this feature!

now down to my testing...

I created very wide pivot table and set the  ata Displayed Width (px) and Data Displayed Height (px) to 3000 px and 270px.

This has created an image indeed wide as per my request. I noticed however that my image is not wide enough to show full pivot table as i had more column data still in it.

I then increased Displayed Width (px) to 4550px and generated report again. It created the requested image, contained all data i needed but image became blury. (see comparison below of those 2 images or maybe better just download attached excel to see what i mean).

@Ruggero_Piccoli is there a known max value for those parameters? I am also submitting a support case (01713559) regarding this to either include max parameters in documentation or consider it as a bug.

1.PNG2.PNG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I confirm that colleagues are working on the issue. Of course, I don't have any estimated time of the resolution or technical details.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries mate, thanks for checking this out!