Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting June 2017 Upgrade - Schedular Service

Hey,

after Upgrade from 17.3.1 to June 2017 we have the problem, that the Schedular Service won't start.

After trying with restart services and machine, Updating .net Framework, it doesn't start.

In Log Files i get following error:

"Unable to start SchedulerService: exception of type System.Net.WebException↓ Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ("Unable to connect to the remote server")

The Service User is local admin from domain, has a QlikView User Cal, is rootadmin on our QlikSense Server.

With 17.3.1 it worked without problems.

has Someone a tip or a idea for me?

Greetings

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Now June is working..

Support had no ideas... i deleted all files and done a clean install of June Version. Now is all working.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

It seems a QlikNPrintingMessagingService problem.

Please:

1. Be sure that QlikNPrintingMessagingService is up and running
  2. If previous step is ok, stop the Qlik NPrinting Windows services, open the folder C:\Windows on the Qlik NPrinting Server computer. Copy the file .erlang.cookie and paste it into the folder C:\Users\UserWhoRunsTheQlikNPrintingServices. Remove the same file if already present. Then restart the Qlik NPrinting Windows services.
  3. If step no.2 doesn't resolve, check this Troubleshooting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey Ruggero,

thanks for your answer.

I tried your suggested steps.

1) QlikNPrinting MessagingService was up and running

2) Copy and Paste without problems, starting services as well, "Qlik NPrinting Scheduler" started, after some seconds it stopped like before.

3) Permissions are ok. -> I had "remote" and "guest" entries,

Greetings

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Now June is working..

Support had no ideas... i deleted all files and done a clean install of June Version. Now is all working.