Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtm3004
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Multiple Task Executions Stuck on "Queued"

Hi ,  

I running on Nprinting April 2019 release.

1. I am encountering an issue where when i reload the meta data of a different App ( Local connection ) , i cannot publish the report at the same time. If there was a running task  to Publish a report , and i queue a new task to Generate a connection cache for example for a different app than the one I'm publishing the report for , the request that came after get queued until the first request is done.  However this is a problem though because my cache generation takes a while ( heavy calculations in the model) and that means the publishing of other reports stay on queued status until i manually restart the QlikNprinting scheduler service.  also at that time the CPU usage is spikes at over 90 % and drops and then nothing happens . 
HIGH CPU.png

2. When the CPU and memory drops , the logs say that the engine is offline , however the Qlik Nprinting Engine Service is running . What would cause the Engine to go offline when the window service is running ? 
see attached logs with errors 

3. Eventually i had to restart the Nprinting services and still nothing happened, the task execution showed 3 running tasks, with a CPU of 8% and memory usage of 11% ( how is this possible with 3 tasks running ?) 
Running with NO CPU Usage2.png

4. After restarting the Nprinting services , there was no improvment and i had to restart , then it picked up the tasks where it was left off and ran a few publish report task , when i queued the cache generation the whole cycle restarted again : running tasks no CPU usage , no logs update

14 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Can you open the same QVW directly from QlikView Desktop on the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer? Could you test with a local document (I have not understood if with a local document you are still having issues). 

Do you have the same issues with other QVWs?

It could be that in some moments there are network traffic issues between the two servers.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jtm3004
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli  ,

Can you open the same QVW directly from QlikView Desktop on the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer? : Yes i am able to open it on the Nprinting server computer 

Could you test with a local document (I have not understood if with a local document you are still having issues): yes i have tested with the local connection. it works but takes really long to reload the cache however , when you queue a different task , it stays on queued. Hence my switching to qvp connection as @Lech_Miszkiewicz  and you have advised and qvp worked for a short while and it stopped working giving the errors that i provided 

Do you have the same issues with other QVWs?:Yes as a matter of fact we moved all the 4 connections that we have to using qvp connection as opposed to local and even the smallest of the model ( 30MB) fails with the same error 

It could be that in some moments there are network traffic issues between the two servers: Could be but there is nothing that changed in the servers configuration. the qvp connection worked yesterday between 8am and 1pm and from then it stopped with all of these errors in the logs.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. The Run Verification shoes an issue with the QlikView server license. Are you sure that it is correctly licensed? Di you checked it?

If yes, I have no more ideas about what to check. I suggest to open a support ticket so my colleagues can work directly with you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @jtm3004 

Note that I found this in your most recent log.

"Evaluation of step QlikViewServerHasValidLicenseAndDocuments for connection string navigator=qlikview;documentpath="qvp://server/Folder/N PRINTING REPORTS/My App/MyApp.qvw";qlikviewversion=12.20.20500.0 failed. System.TimeoutException: server:4747 did not answer before the expiration of the timeout interval of 00:01:40"

This indicates to me that port 4747 could be blocked either on a network router or on either the NP or QV server itself.

If you haven't already tried this, do the following.

Log onto the NP server with the NPrinting server service account (make sure that this account is NOT shared with any other NPrinting or QlikView server...it must be dedicated (see https://support.qlik.com/articles/000033911)

Do 'File>Open in Server' and attempt to open the QVW in question. 

If this doesn't work, then I suggest checking the port 4747, ensuring the QlikView server is up and running and not a TEST license QV server (must be a production QV server)

If none of the above works...please start a new support case with the Qlik Support desk or your Qlik Support partner.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes, of course firewall rules must be implemented https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm

Best Regards,
Ruggero