cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[NPrinting ] NPrinting Designer Logs Path

Hello,

Do you know where can I find logs from NPrinting Designer?

As I know, this should be on machine where user launch designer, but maybe this logs generate on both sides: server and client.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
  • Other

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Anonymous 

There are no NP designer logs for NPrinting 17+ and higher. All available logs are found here and all designer preview failures, tasks failures, connection failures make have entries in each of the logs found here (except the NP manager log which logs backup and restores of the NP database).

C:\ProgramData\nprinting\logs

NPrinting 16 designer and NP 16 server logs are user defined. You need to check 'file>options>logs' in the designer and 'Options>logs' on the NP 16 server

kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @Frank_S 

I'm using Designer Sep 2019, so if when I'm editing an excel template (or any other), no logs are generated if this crash for some reason, thats right? Pixelperfect doesn't generate logs neither?

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello:

I would just add that it is very important to make sure that your Qlik NPrinting Designer matches the version of NPrinting Server / Engine that is being used on your environment.

If you are using a newer version of Designer and the Server / Engine is on an older version this could cause issues.

As for the crashing, please ensure that you have your zoom set to 100%

There is an article here stating the settings that should be used with Designer:

Please let us know if this helps with your issue.

Regards,
Eva