Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting NewsStand - Report name display

Hello

I have seen where you can change the attachment name dynamically in a report, but is there something similar to show a dynamic name in newstand?

For example

I run a standard client report, but based on the filter being used it can be for a different client.  I have created a variable in the qlik sense application for the client name and I am using that for the attachment name.  But how can I get the same name to be displayed in newsstand.

thanks

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The dynamic name you can set in a report is related to the name of the file that is generated. The Qlik NewsStand shows the Friendly name that by default is set equal to the name of the report and cannot be dynamic.

When you download a report from the NewsStand the file name will be correct and uses the dynamic name settings.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
SirElton
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli , are there any news or planned changes for this issue? I have the same problem that NewsStand users cannot differentiate between different reports. The search option only works on the actual report names but not on file names. 

Is there a way to display the file name in addition to the report name? Or file names if I have a cycled report?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

A cycled report is published in the NewsStand as a single zip file with inside all files created by the cycle. So the user can click on it, download the zip and decompress the downloaded file to see the single reports.

Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation...

The friendly name is still not dynamic as the report name. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.