Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Newstand, Integration with QlikView

Hi All,

I am new to NPrinting.

I have few queries -

-     Can we integrate the Qlikview nd NPrinting, as in we will be having a button in QlikView and when user will click on same, the NPrinting report gets generated

-     What is NPrinting Newstand, whether we have to install and configure it differently

From where I can start QlikView NPrinting step wise step configuration process.

Thanks & regards,

MK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Some quick answers:

1. Yes you can. Check out the OnDemand feature which (amongst others) offers a web service to trigger NPrinting Report generation by way of a button in a QV document. More info here: On-Demand reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting
  2. Newstand is a separate web page that shows all NPrinting reports available to a particular user. Like a personal newspaper shop. It also allows that user to download the generated documents/MS Office files.
  3. You can get started with a simple demo, installation, configuration and use of NPrinting from top to bottom in the great help system available here What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting: Select your area of interest from the menu on the left.  Configuration starts here: Administering Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best,

Peter

[Edit] Added answer to question 3. Wasn't it a best practice to ask only one question per post?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Some quick answers:

1. Yes you can. Check out the OnDemand feature which (amongst others) offers a web service to trigger NPrinting Report generation by way of a button in a QV document. More info here: On-Demand reports ‒ Qlik NPrinting
  2. Newstand is a separate web page that shows all NPrinting reports available to a particular user. Like a personal newspaper shop. It also allows that user to download the generated documents/MS Office files.
  3. You can get started with a simple demo, installation, configuration and use of NPrinting from top to bottom in the great help system available here What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting: Select your area of interest from the menu on the left.  Configuration starts here: Administering Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best,

Peter

[Edit] Added answer to question 3. Wasn't it a best practice to ask only one question per post?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter for your quick reply.

We have QlikView 12 on server and for desktop client, which version of NPRinting we should go ahead, as in some blogs I have read that, QV12 is not supported for NPrinting.

Please assist

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's not correct. QV12 and NPrinting 17 are good matches, as are Qlik Sense 3 and NPrinting 17.

You can start with the latest NPrinting version (17.2 at the time of this writing)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried to install NPrinting 17, and I am getting below error -

PFA

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please start a new discussion.

jonopitchford
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm not sure if the on demand feature is compatible with qlikview 12. I think its supported in Qlikview 11.2 SR15 as of NPrinting 17.2.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Care to close this one?

Also, don't forget to include your error document in the new discussion.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Correct, On-Demand functionality will be ported to QV12 in an upcoming service release of QlikView.