cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dewan_abdullah
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Numbers are shown as text

I have a calculation that were already done in qlik sense, but when i add it to NPrinting it converts to text, although i unchecked the Keep Source Format, and i formatted the cells as numbers, and i tried the function NUM() in qlik sense and still I'm getting it as text.

What is the problem and how can i solve it?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

in Qlik Sense change the field formatting to number, this should work out.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I do not have np 17 to test it but I think it is the same problem as in 16.

Depending on where you have the problem:

If it is expression then change the format in chart properties -> Number (integer or fixed decimals).

If it is dimension then instead of Num() change the format in Document properties -> Number format.

BR,

Matus

Anonymous
Not applicable

in Qlik Sense change the field formatting to number, this should work out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, learn new stuff!!!

All the input field format can be setted in Document properties. That is really great!!

But it still does not work for my case. The table I use in nprinting is a pivot table. The dimension with number format is  "General" format in the generated excel report.

Is that a limitation of using pivot table?

Zhihong

PuriVelasco
Creator
Creator

I have the same question... I have a dimension formated as number with percentage:

num(<number>, '##,##%').

When I want to show this field in NPrinting its appears like a text.

Please, any help?

anandkamat
Contributor II
Contributor II

Goto Properties>>Number>>Fixed To>>2 Decimals>>Show in Percent (%)

anandkamat_0-1669702403411.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @anandkamat 

If you are relating to 6 years old topic, I suggest you open new one as this one (after 6 years) was already covered and proper answer are described here by Matus, also the original question was about Qlik Sense. It is worth noting that many changes were done to software in those 6 years so it would be useful to discuss issues using current versions 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
anandkamat
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Lech, 

Please guide me on where can I see the new questions/issues by the users so that I can reply if I know the answer.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

on each forum you should be able to sort by the thread date - those are the most recent questions and it is good going through all the answers which are posted there already to understand whole conversation as well as timeline of such conversation

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1669714109853.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.