Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NW1965
Creator
Creator

NPrinting On Demand - Additional Load

Hi Folks

I have an implementation of Qlik v12 and NPrinting (Apr18) and I would like to add on demand printing to it, there are a couple of questions that have arisen:

1. Does the component that gets added to the QlikView server add much additional load to that server, we are struggling for capacity at the moment and whilst we have plans to improve it, we need to be aware of any additional load

2. Has the community used on demand? Does it really work? I have a series of reports that users need to run and they need to be able to update multiple parameters and run the report.

Anything else I should be aware of before I head into this.

Thanks,

Nigel.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @NW1965 

Your label shows NP 16.2 but you also state April 2018 NPrinting.

For the purpose of anticipating a response to your question, please check the links below:

To install NPrinting On Demand in an NPrinting 17 + platform environment 

In the meantime, please check the following link for commonly missed setup and configuration information.

Migrating to Qlik NPrinting 17+ platform information can be found hear:

Regarding your specific questions:

1. Does the component that gets added to the QlikView server add much additional load to that server, we are struggling for capacity at the moment and whilst we have plans to improve it, we need to be aware of any additional load

• Check this finetuning article which contains a wealth of information and links to our system requirements, architecture and performance pages.

2. Has the community used on demand? Does it really work? I have a series of reports that users need to run and they need to be able to update multiple parameters and run the report.

• Yes it really does work and has worked for quite some time with QlikView...It now works with Qlik Sense but that set up is completely different than that of QlikView.

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction. Should you need assistance with your migration or any other setup and configuration of NP 17 + platform, we can put you in touch with our Qlik consulting services group or you can reach out to any of our trust Qlik Support partners. You can check with your Qlik Account manager for best options in that regard.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!