Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JesseRajala
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

NPrinting On-Demand: Creating a separate 'Selections' app for On-Demand generation

Hi,

I haven't found a definitive answer to this problem, so I'll ask if anyone has come up with a solution for this:

Is it possible to create a 'Selections' app that feeds field selections made by the on-demand user to the actual base app, where the objects are? To clarify, the generated QlikSense objects are found in App A, which are used in NPrinting template to form the report that will be printed. In this case the data model in App A is very large and the pool of users using on-demand printing is in the hundreds.

Is there a way to create a QlikSense App B, that has the needed dimensions for on-demand printing (i.e. customer, location, time), and selections made in this app B can be used as filters for the NPrinting report (corresponding to identical dimension and field names in App A)?

App A: Actual data model and objects

App B: Field selection and 'Print' trigger button for on-demand.

A workaround could be just having one published sheet in app A with the field selection in filter panes + the on-demand print button and the QS objects used in the report stored in unpublished sheets within the same application, effectively hiding the source objects of the report from the on-demand user.

Any useful tips for this problem?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - for the future make sure you select proper Labels for your topic. Question you are asking is specific to various versions of Qlik Sense and NPrinting and to answer it you must state the version of software you are using.

Now to answer your question simple answer is YES - you can use selection app. My approach is usually to:

• binary load app which will be used as selection app
  • drop all not requires fields
  • !!! make sure you retain all associations between selections you want to apply!!! this is to ensure that whatever is selected in selection app will have results in app from where NPrinting will create report.

Important:

• do not load selection fields individually as you will create selections impossible to select.

Once you create your selection app just place in it OnDemand extension object, Disable App/Connection filter which is one of the setting in it and point to the app and report you want to run your on demand from.

I just tested it and it works so no excuses if something does not work for you 🙂

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JesseRajala
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for the quick response and solution! I'll go ahead and test the solution you suggested. As for not implying the versions of QS and NP used, I didn't want to restrict possible answers to a certain version, but was after more of a generalist answer - which I did receive. But, for the record, we run QS Enterprise with typically QS and NP versions no more than a year old. In this specific use-case the customer environment will be QS Sept 2020 and NPrinting Sept 2020, so newest versions of both. The project is still in its planning phase, so I'll test this solution out in our internal development environment (QS: June 2020, NP: Sept 2019).

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JesseRajala 

Your internal development environment (QS: June 2020, NP: Sept 2019) is not supported as NPrinting version should be always on the same or newer version than Qlik Sense. Make sure you meet all requirements based on https://help.qlik.com. You may get issues if you test it in such configuration.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.