Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anag123456789
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting On Demand for Clustering Environment

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Qlik NPrinting and trying to configure the On-demand feature but with no Luck.

Qlikview Architecture I am having:
Server 1: Only Distribution service is Installed here.
Server 2: Apart from Distribution service all 4 services are installed here.
Server 3: Apart from Distribution and Management service all 3 services are installed here.
Server 4: This is a File Server. No services are installed here. It has all the Qlikview Dashboards.

I have Installed Qlik NPrinting Server, Engine, Designer and On-Demand in Server2.

Now, I have few Questions here:

Q1: Under Admin>> Settings>> On-Demand Settings which Server should I add in Add Trusted Origin...??

Q2: Under Apps>> Connections which Server or Cluster Address I should Add...??
    I am not able to build the Connection.

Please help me on this..........??

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

6 Replies
Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello Aviral,

Greetings! Kindly provide some more details on this issue. I.e QlikView Server Version? Qlik NPrinting Server version? Have you installed Qlikview & NPrinting on the same server? Have you installed the Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on on all if your QlikView Servers?

Thank You

Bala

anag123456789
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Bala,

Thanks for the reply.

As requested, PFB the details:

Qlikview Server Version: 12.10.20400.0

Qlik NPrinting Server Version: 17.3.1.0

As mentioned above, I've a clustering Environment.

Yes, I've installed Qlikview & NPrinting on same Server.

I've installed Qlik NPrinting on-Demand only on Server 2 (See the Architecture above).

Regards,

Aviral Nag

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello Aviral,

First of all you should upgrade to at least the Nov. 2018 release of NPrinting. This is available from the Qlik Downloads site. Qlik the link > Customer Support

Second, you should not install NPrinting on any distributed node of any QlikView or Qlik Sense distributed environment.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-unsupporte...

Third, by following the instructions for configuration On Demand, your questions be managed here. These instructions are more comprensive than the 17.3.1 release help information.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/On-Demand/Intro-On-Demand.htm

Fourth, to ensure cluster connection work, the rules must be followed as per the following:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-QlikV...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Conne...

Finally, you must ensure that you have met the system requirements as well.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-deploy...

If you are unable to get the cluster connections working, try using Server connections for the time being in order to begin/continue working. (local connections will not work with On Demand).

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
anag123456789
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the sharing this wonderful post.

But still I haven't got the end result which I'm expecting.

I'm using a Test Server. I'm leasing License Prod Server to open Qlikview Dashboards in Test Server.

I've read somewhere that we can't Lease License from Test Server.

Q1: I want to know what settings to be made under on-demand Settings Add Trusted Origin.

Q2: How to build Server (qvp Connection) and Cluster Connection.

Qlikview Architecture I am having:

Server 1: Only Distribution service is Installed here.

Server 2: Apart from Distribution service all 4 services are installed here.

Server 3: Apart from Distribution and Management service all 3 services are installed here.

Server 4: This is a File Server. No services are installed here. It has all the Qlikview Dashboards.

Need your help to fix all the issues.......??

Regards,

Aviral Nag

anag123456789
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Need help on this.

fsvdjkrpclech_miszkiewicz

Frank_S
Support
Support

At this point please note that there are no known issues with the version of NPrinting you are running to perform the tasks you require.

If you are still having issues I recommend rechecking the solutions that have been provided above or reaching out to your Qlik Account manger who can assist you to arrange a consulting services engagement to help you to plan and configure your NPrinting deployment.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!