Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamarah
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting On-demand change export directory

Hi all,

I've been searching around but can't find the answer... maybe nobody has had to deal with this requirement before 😉

I've build some flex/ad-hoc reports in Qlik Sense with customer sales data (See blogpost and other ideas about this here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Customizable-Straight-Table/ba-p/1464825) .  The exports will be saved and send by email later after they made some specific adjustments. 

I'm using the NPrinting On-demand functionality in Qlik Sense. Works great! But I want to change the default directory the document export is saved to. Now all exports are saved by default in the personal downloads directory. I want to change this to a shared network dir. Is this possible and if how?

Thank you in advance!

Tamarah

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Tamarah

Changing the download directory on your computer is a function of your web browser.

For example, to change the download directory of Firefox

Go to

• Settings
  • General

Then click the browse button and browse to the local or network directory folder you wish to download your reports to.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Tamarah

Changing the download directory on your computer is a function of your web browser.

For example, to change the download directory of Firefox

Go to

• Settings
  • General

Then click the browse button and browse to the local or network directory folder you wish to download your reports to.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Tamarah
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

OK, understood! I was hoping there was a feature to overrule this.

But thank you for your reaction!

Kind regards, Tamarah

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries @Tamarah

Cheers!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @SackettD ,

This is not the topic of this post. Please stay on topic and, if you have a question on a different topic, please open a new conversation with all details needed to clearly describe your issue.

In Excel templates the VBA code of macros is copied in the generated reports only if you select .xlsm as output format and never executed for safety reasons. You can trigger macros execution on document opening.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.