Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting OnDemand: "Server access blocked by server"...how to fix?

We upgraded to Qlik Sense June 2019. We're using Nprinting June 2019.

Our Nprinting On-Demand returns this error message "Server access blocked by server

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Capture.PNG

Labels (1)
38 Replies
robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We're going with simple solution for now. Link to Nprinting 4993 page. 

andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks, Robert, that was indeed the solution. When the client login on the NPrinting 4993, they are able to generate the reports. 

Would you know why this was caused by since it just happened in the June version (April version was working fine)?

Thanks,

Andre

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No, I don't know the root cause. I only know the solution because I've spent way too much time on this project. 🙂

andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks, Robert, I appreciate that you shared your efforts on this. It sounds like a June 2019 version issue which the Qlik support team should be able to explain. @Eva_B  any thoughts on that?

To sum up, Qlik sense June 2019 does not refresh the credentials once a user is changed under Identity (under connection) on the NPrinting service (mainly done when switching from a Professional user to an Analyzer user because Analyzer 's user can't configure the NPrinting On Demand button by itself). In fact, I tested to create the reports with the first user (Professional), and even though the connection is not configured to that user under Identity (after switching to an Analyzer's user), the first user (Professional) is still linked to the On Demand button, and therefore I was able to generate the reports with the first user (Professional license) but not with the second one (Analyzer) The solution was, in fact, to access the 4993 link with that second user (Analyzer's license) and "refresh" the connection

The solution was, in fact, to access the 4993 link with that second user (Analyzer's license) and "refresh" the connection.

Andre

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @andrejfreitas :

Did you create a Support Case on the Support Portal for this issue?

It may be best to look at the Log Files / Dev Tools / etc. 

Also are there any Group Policy settings that allow this in one browser but not the other? So in other words does Chrome / IE / Firefox all experience the same behavior?

Regards,

Eva 

andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Eva_B , thanks for your reply.

I believe that this should be linked to the support case you already created (https://support.qlik.com/articles/000078157?_ga=2.12411965.826796012.1562583511-1972379379.155783590...) because that's an error we are getting once we upgrade Qlik and NPrinting to June 2019. Otherwise, I am happy to create a separated support case.

I looked into the log files of NPrinting, I couldn't really find anything relevant there. (maybe I overlooked at it so I will double check) 

This behavior happens to all browsers I tested (Chrome and Firefox)

Andre

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@andrejfreitas  - What settings are you using for the security role? Here's what I think works. 

Capture22.PNG

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

An update on our efforts:

1. Some users can run reports; others can't - We're seeing that some users can run the reports and others can't. 

My hypothesis is that this is related to the firewall somehow. 

@andrejfreitas - Any thoughts how your setup works or how to troubleshoot this?

andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @robert_bond , that is so great to have the opportunity to share knowledge with you because I have been finding these 'configurations' and 'workarounds' by myself in the past few months. Here's what I think is the minimum requirement to make this work. (you could probably uncheck some of your boxes). It would be good to have an "official" minimum security settings for Analyzer users by Qlik, but I am not sure if that's available somewhere online at this moment.

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 19.20.46 (2).png

In addition to that, which role did you give to that user in the QMC? I can imagine you also don't want that user to be RootAdmin, but it looks like a user can't use the On Demand functionality if it does not have an admin role (which in my opinion should be changed by Qlik). The workaround I found was to create a customized "AuditAdmin" that does not give access to that Analyzer user to the QMC, but, on the other hand, has the full rights to generate reports On demand. What's your experience with this?

Many thanks. Again, it has been a pleasure to exchange these experiences with you. I think we could help each other in this process.

Andre

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andre - 

I give users the minimum amount of privileges necessary.  So, I created a special security role just for these users similar to what you did.

Robert