Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting OnDemand: "Server access blocked by server"...how to fix?

We upgraded to Qlik Sense June 2019. We're using Nprinting June 2019.

Our Nprinting On-Demand returns this error message "Server access blocked by server

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Capture.PNG

Labels (1)
38 Replies
andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you!

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Andre,

Seems like the Nprinting extension is not prompting the user to update their Nprinting credentials. For example, when they change their password. Does this workaround fix that issue? Meaning, does the extension prompt users when their Nprinting credentials are required?

Thanks,

Robert

andrejfreitas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

It started working for me once I downgraded the extension to April 2019

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I dont think NPrinintg OnDemand Extension uses NPrinting credentials. It only uses Windows NTLM authentication and as far as I am aware this is the only authentication method supported at the moment

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
SamSheldon
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

@Arthur_Marseuti have you been able to get the extension object working as designed (in any other way than by the workarounds suggested of using the extension from the April version or just clicking quick report), and if not, has it been escalated?

Frank_S
Support
Support

et al...

Please check the following article to ensure that the environment has been configured fully. In many cases we see this message if something is missed in the setup and configuration around NPrinting On Demand reporting with Qlik Sense.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000060552

Note: If you do not have a valid certificate that is securing the NP server, then you can take the following steps to workaround. These steps also apply to Qlik Sense and the help documentation will be updated to reflect this soon.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Demand.h...

Section: Accepting the Qlik NPrinting web console certificate

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello All:

I just wanted to give the notification that the "Server Access Blocked by Server" error message is fixed in the Qlik Sense June 2019 Patch 2 release.

The knowledge article has been updated to show this information:

Thank you,
Eva 
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Finally!! Tested - this works!!! 😎

Since I could not upgrade whole environment i just installed locally Qlik Sense Desktop June 2019 SR2. Then I just took extension and re-import it to Qlik Sense Enterprise. Worked like a charm!

btw ( i also had to switch off auto installer so the old extension bundle will not get installed every time i do repository backup and restart services)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Andre,

Did you use extension from desktop version? Because we replaced extension version (June 2019) by April 2019 and I receive error Invalid extension.

Thanks,

Vitalii