Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kings
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting - Pivot Table Misalignment

Hi,

I have created a report in NPrinting Designer using pivot tables from a QlikView document.  The pivot tables have 2 dimensions - 1 vertical and the other horizontal.  The report uses an Excel template and all tables are aligned in the same column.

When exporting the report there is sometimes a misalignment issue or a 1 cell spacing between the dimension and the measure.  Attached is an example of this.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so is there a solution?

Thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Could you post also screenshots of the Excel template and of the original pivot tables?

What do you get if you preview the report in Excel format?

Please note that end of life for QlikView NPrinting 16 is planned next March.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Kings
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I have attached screenshots of the pivot tables I am using in QlikView and also the NPrinting template.

I have previewed the report in Excel and PDF format.  Both returning the same outcome.  I have also  closed and restarted NPrinting and QlikView applications.  This sometimes temporarily fixes the issue however, after a while it reverts back to some tables being misaligned. 

Sometimes when changes are made in either QlikView or NPrinting different tables are misaligned once the report is previewed.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the info. If when you have the issue you go to QlikView and do a right click and Send to Excel the pivot tables, what do you obtain? This is what QlikView NPrinting does so you can simulate it manually.

It seems to me that if depends on the data that comes from QlikView that sometimes have the first column empty.

I suggest you to create a single table (pivot or straight) for reporting purposes so you will be sure the columns are aligned in the report. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.