Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ATLaboratory
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Pivot Table Protection

Hello all,

I'm experiencing some difficulties with Pivot Table protection in my generated reports. Editing the template shows no issues, but every report generated (and emailed) results in the following:

- Report is opened
- Excel launches and asks for task password
- Password accepted and file opens
- Excel pop-up appears the reads "Cannot edit PivotTable on protected sheet." 
All other automatically generated excel files continue to work without any issues. So far I've tried turning off pivot table protection in the designer excel (web console), and recreating the entire report/task combo from scratch with no success. Has anyone experienced something like this before? Are there more resources on the NPrinting - Excel interactions?

Thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi What happens if you don't use task password when executing this report?

I may need some time to play with it and see what happens - hence my initial question about password as this is the only thing which I have not checked before....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ATLaboratory
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am almost sure  I tried that setup when I recreated everything from scratch at the onset of the error. Same result as in the original post. I can try to re-do it again, but it is somewhat complex so I'll need to invest some time to get that test result. 

Side note: Is there a way to remove the password once it has been configured? I am unable to locate any way to delete existing password protection for a task. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

I could not replicate your issue. The only thing I noticed is that there are 2 levels of protection, 1 to open  and 2 to write/edit file. In order to edit anything in the protected file users need to choose "Unprotect Sheet" and provide a password...

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.