Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

enriccire
New Contributor

NPrinting - Pivot table headers in excel template

Hi,

I have the following pivot table in a QlikView document (this is an example):

Sin título.jpg

I need to generate daily reports in pdf to send it by mail. I'm using an excel template Nprinting as follows (very simple):

NP_template.jpg

The result to be generated PDF is as follows:

PDF_result.jpg

The headers are not combined and need to stay together. Can I use VBA script in Excel template to force the cell formatting? I tried in a trigger but not working...

There any way to do this kind of reports?

Thanks,

4 Replies
yujiyamane
Contributor II

Re: NPrinting - Pivot table headers in excel template

Have you tried to import the object as image? It should work for pdf.

enriccire
New Contributor

Hi,

It works if the graphic occupies as much a page but does not work if the graph occupies 2 or more pages....

Not applicable

The issue you may run into is the way QlikView exports pivot tables.  An option if you want a true pivot table in NPrinting is to make a copy of your pivot table as a straight table in QlikView and bring the straight table version into NPrinting - there are steps you can follow (see link below) where you can convert the straight table to a pivot and do formatting, etc.

How to Create a Pivot Table from Excel Table Columns – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

If the table is brought into nprinting as a pivot table, you have no control or formatting options like a straight table (and have less, if that is possible, when you bring in as an image)

yujiyamane
Contributor II

I see what you mean. Maybe you can think about Macro if you export it as Excel. (The macro runs when user opens the excel file). But I am not sure about PDF export....

Community Browser