Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdunsmoor
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Pixel Perfect Report – cannot add objects?

I'm able to create other types of reports (Excel, Word) with NPrinting 17.2 Designer, but not Pixel Perfect Reports.
When I create a new Pixel Perfect report from NPrinting 17.2 Designer, edit the template, and try to add an object (i.e. a Table), I get the following error message:
QlikView NPrinting can’t find a supported reporting output producer for the file C:\Users\Bdunsmoor\AppData\Local\Temp\e9fa76be8094dc1bc26394a5efc740e\Tables

When I click the Cancel button, I get another error message:
Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to contine.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source.

If I click “Continue”, the screen returns to the Template Editor, but I can’t add any objects.

Here's a screen shot:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bdunsmoor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We were able to resolve this problem with help from Qlik Support.  I had to uninstall the Qlik NPrinting Designer 17.2 software from my PC, and re-install it as administrator.  These are the steps I followed after uninstalling the Qlik NPrinting Designer 17.2 software.

*** Uninstall Qlik NPrinting Designer 17.2 software before proceeding.

1.  Create a new folder on your C: drive (I named my folder NPrintingApps)

2.  Place the QlikNPrinting_Designer.exe file in the new folder (by saving it or copying and pasting it to this new folder)

3.  Right click the QlikNPrinting_Designer.exe file name

4.  Select "Run as Administrator"

5.  Complete the Installation

Run as admin.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bdunsmoor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We were able to resolve this problem with help from Qlik Support.  I had to uninstall the Qlik NPrinting Designer 17.2 software from my PC, and re-install it as administrator.  These are the steps I followed after uninstalling the Qlik NPrinting Designer 17.2 software.

*** Uninstall Qlik NPrinting Designer 17.2 software before proceeding.

1.  Create a new folder on your C: drive (I named my folder NPrintingApps)

2.  Place the QlikNPrinting_Designer.exe file in the new folder (by saving it or copying and pasting it to this new folder)

3.  Right click the QlikNPrinting_Designer.exe file name

4.  Select "Run as Administrator"

5.  Complete the Installation

Run as admin.png