Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgreen0312
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting PowerPoint Tables and Pages in one template?

Has anyone successfully used the Pages connection and Tables connection in one template? I am trying to create a table list of items in PowerPoint for the first 2-5 slides, then use the Page connection to separate the items (1 item:1 slide) for slides 6-32 and include each items description on the Pages slides.

The issue is that when I try and combine both in one template, it breaks my links and won't pull any data from QlikView dashboard. 

Current workaround- two templates: 1 template for table list, 1 template for summary details. 

Another complication is that I need for the table to be sorted by one of the columns and it seems to only work via filter using the Tables connection. 

If there is a streamlined/cleaner approach that would be helpful. 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is not clear to me what do you mean by saying "Table connection" and "Page connection"... 

It would be best if you provide some screenshots of what you are trying to do, source data and expected results.

I understand that you have all data in single QlikView application..or am i wrong?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dgreen0312
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, 

When the NPrinting designer interface opens, the tab is called Connection and Page and Table are within that tab. That was what I was referring to. Yes, this is using QlikView data.

Ideally, it would be great to have the first 1-3 slides use table objects and slides 4-20 use Page objects. See attached for clarification.

Does that make sense? 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Ok - I see what you mean. Well - how can I put it right. I think first you need to go through basic tutorials and understand what each of those objects mean and how they work...

Unfortunately your assumtions are wrong:

Connections is not a tab but indicates from which QlikView Document data is taken from, Pages are not objects, but it is functionality allowing slides to cycle through the value of the field/table you put in it, and tables are simply tables.

I do not think community is a platform where we should give proper training or courses and it seems like you need one.

I suggest you start from below links and take it from there:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/QlikView-NPrinting-16-Tutorials-PowerPoint-Re...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.