Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achampire
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Preview Loading without result

Hello everyone,

I install Qlik Nprinting Designer May 2021 SR1 on my laptop successfully today but I am facing a "problem" when I use Preview button on the designer.

I try to use it during a Nprinting report development.

When I click on it, the screen display that it is on going treatment but it is not generating anything.

I waited 1 hour until I click on the "Abandonner" button to cancel the preview.

Does someone have an idea on what's going on , why is it blocking ?

Please note that the report is correctly working while using a public task so it is not link to ther report himself.

Preview NPrinting.png

Preview button I use

Infinite Preview NPrinting.png

On going treatment is display but never end while it is an empty report (same problem with a standard report)

Thank you if you have an idea how to fix this button.

Alexandre CHAMPIRE

Labels (2)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure that the installed Designer is at exactly the same version as the Server.  

Try to save and close this template and create a publish task with it. Run the publish task and check its logs (scheduler and engine log files) and the task executions page and see if there are specific error messagges.

Try to open the same template with a Designer from another PC and run the preview there.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The report is created correctly when inserted into a publish task and you run it. So there are not issues with the template itself, the connection, filters, etc.

When you run the preview inside the Designer you experience an infinite loading and no results so I think it is an issue related with the communications between the Server and the Designer. 

Could you try to install the Designer on the same computer of the Server and try to run the preview there?

Could you try after disabling the antivirus?

We have not similar know issues with May 2021 SR1 at the moment.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I guess it is worth checking: Have you restarted the NPrinting machine? 

I had a single incident when webrenderer got stuck and nothing worked properly. I restarted individual services still without effect. 

Restarting whole server/machine solved that problem. 

Thought it would be good to double checked you have done that already.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

achampire
Author

Hello guys,

Sorry about the delay between my original post and my reply today.

@Frank_S : I saw that post before posting mine, it didn't work.

@Ruggero_Piccoli : Already done too, it didn't work.

@Lech_Miszkiewicz : I restarted the server but I tried another thing after (information below). So maybe that fix the problem maybe not, I didn't identify it.

For information, I made a little change about the connection I use on my template that maybe fix the problem.

Before, the connection I used on this template was link to an NPrinting application I already used for other report so I had 2 connection for a single Nprinting application.

I decide to create a new NPrinting application, change my connection's application to the new one.

It seems to work but I doubt that was the reason of the fix.

Thank you all for your support.

9 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure that the installed Designer is at exactly the same version as the Server.  

Try to save and close this template and create a publish task with it. Run the publish task and check its logs (scheduler and engine log files) and the task executions page and see if there are specific error messagges.

Try to open the same template with a Designer from another PC and run the preview there.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
achampire
Author

Hi,

My Designer has the same version as my server: May 2021 SR1 (Version : 21.14.4.0).

I execute my publish task but as my previous post, it execute without problem. I try to check logs but I did not raise any errors.

I also try to open the report on another PC and run the preview. I have the same problem: An infinite loading and no result.

Please note that the preview was working before the MAY 2021 SR1 upgrade.

I was on February 2021 if I 'm not mistaken.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The report is created correctly when inserted into a publish task and you run it. So there are not issues with the template itself, the connection, filters, etc.

When you run the preview inside the Designer you experience an infinite loading and no results so I think it is an issue related with the communications between the Server and the Designer. 

Could you try to install the Designer on the same computer of the Server and try to run the preview there?

Could you try after disabling the antivirus?

We have not similar know issues with May 2021 SR1 at the moment.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Frank_S
Support
Support

@achampire

You may be trying to create a report that is simply to large for a preview in the NP designer so the suggestion by Ruggero to use a publish task is valid. The publish task will also expose errors in generating the report if any.

Second,

If the issue is too much data for the preview to handle, try create a filter with a subset of data (Sept. 2021 data only) then apply this filter to the report. This is a best practice suggestion for previewing reports that will be known to contain a large data set that might take more than 10 minutes to execute.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
achampire
Author

Hello Frank_S.

The fact is that it is not working also for an empty template.

I will try to execute the Designer on the server when Nprinting Server is installed and without antivirus active as Ruggero ask. I already tried before but I don't know if it was with antivirus or not but it was the same result (infinite loading bar).

I keep you in touch. 

Thank you for your answer both.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I guess it is worth checking: Have you restarted the NPrinting machine? 

I had a single incident when webrenderer got stuck and nothing worked properly. I restarted individual services still without effect. 

Restarting whole server/machine solved that problem. 

Thought it would be good to double checked you have done that already.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@achampire

It's possible also that your PC's zoom settings need to be adjusted (including all attached monitors) to 100 percent then reboot and retest.

Try this as well.

Kind regards..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please try to run the preview in some of the other available formats (click on the down arrow under the preview button and select one of the formats that appears).

Try also to run previews of reports of different types, like HTML or PixelPerfect.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
achampire
Author

Hello guys,

Sorry about the delay between my original post and my reply today.

@Frank_S : I saw that post before posting mine, it didn't work.

@Ruggero_Piccoli : Already done too, it didn't work.

@Lech_Miszkiewicz : I restarted the server but I tried another thing after (information below). So maybe that fix the problem maybe not, I didn't identify it.

For information, I made a little change about the connection I use on my template that maybe fix the problem.

Before, the connection I used on this template was link to an NPrinting application I already used for other report so I had 2 connection for a single Nprinting application.

I decide to create a new NPrinting application, change my connection's application to the new one.

It seems to work but I doubt that was the reason of the fix.

Thank you all for your support.