Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vyshali_v
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting - Preview Request Failed

Hi all,
I am having an error message when I try to preview a report. I've attached the error message as an image along with this post.

Please let me know how I can resolve this.
Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @vyshali_v 

Please mention what you are experiencing to your NPrinting server administrator. 

If you are the NP admin, then I suggest starting a support case in order to investigate the issue in greater detail. We would need to have a careful look at the NPrinting logs and possibly have a private remote session with you and your team to help you resolve the issue.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @vyshali_v 

I noticed the error states "all documents failed to generate"

• Are you a member of  which NPrinting role in the NP webconsole: 'user', 'developer' and, or administrator?
  • Is the NP designer the same version as the NP server? (these must be the exact same version of NPrinting ie: NP Sept. 2019 designer and NP Sept. 2019 Server
  • Are you or your NP administrator able to successfully generate the cache for the NPrinting source connection used with this report?
  • Is there section access on the NP connection? If yes, do you have section access permission to access the NP connection / Qlik Sense app associated with the report?

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vyshali_v
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your response.

• I have a 'Developer ' Role
  • The version for the Designer and the server is a match
  • Initially the cache was being generated. And when I tried to reload metadata today morning, it goes to a pending status and doesn't seem to proceed further.
    How do I go about this or what is this?
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @vyshali_v 

Please mention what you are experiencing to your NPrinting server administrator. 

If you are the NP admin, then I suggest starting a support case in order to investigate the issue in greater detail. We would need to have a careful look at the NPrinting logs and possibly have a private remote session with you and your team to help you resolve the issue.

Kind regards...

vyshali_v
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Was able to convey the issue with the NP Admin and resolve it. 
Thank you Frank_S

Frank_S
Support
Support

Great news @vyshali_v 

Could you share what the solution was? It would be very useful for others visiting this thread in the future.

Please keep any sensitive information redacted from view if you post any images or other information here to keep your site information secure.

Cheers and thanks for the good news!

kp072017
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @Frank_S @vyshali_v 

What is the resolution to get the issue fixed?