Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ganeshsvm
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting Qlik Sense Report query : Section Access

Hello team,

I am triggering NPrinting reports to some users in PDF format thru mail, and restricting the report data using Section Access.

So, there is option in NPrinting, Connections tab, where I need to check the option "apply user section for reports" to generate reports based on Section Access.

My query is, does all the users need to be given access to Qlik Sense app from which I'm generating NPrinting reports?

OR

is there any other way to do this?

My requirement is, I want to share the reports to a set of users through mail as attachment but I don't want to give them access to Qlik Sense app from which I am generating report.

I am using NPrinting Nov 2018 version.

Thanks in anticipation for your expert replies.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To meet your requirement you cannot use section access for purpose of data filtering in NPrinting (you can still have section access in your Qlik application though)  

Instead you need to create additional logic in your Qlik application (similar to section access) and apply on this logic user based filters in NPrinting.

I know my answer is not touching much details, however to answer more we would need more details on how you want to filter out data and who can see what?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ganeshsvm
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Lech for replying and apologies for a long late reply.

Following is the way data is filtered based on Sectors values:

UsersSector
User1Sect1
User1Sect2
User2Sect3
User3Sect4

Here User1 has can see Sector1 & 2 data, User2 can see Sector3 data and so on...

And this how SA file is maintained to filter data in the corresponding Qlik app.

So, if there is a User4 who should get report of only Sector4 data but he's neither in SA nor has access to the Qlik app where the report is pulled by NPrinting.

Then in this case, what would be the best solution?

Solution I could think of is, adding filters in NPrinting and use it task create separate task for this user (User4). This solution would be OK for one user but what if I have suppose 20 users like this.

And others users will get reports from a single task and data filtered thru SA.

Thanks in anticipation!

Regards,

Ganesh

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Solution I can see working is to uncheck: "apply user section for reports" and only use filters for NPrinting reporting.

From Qlik Sense perspective you can maintain Section Access and use to maintain who can open app, but from NPrinting perspective i suggest to use only filters.

so: for User1 create filter Sector {Sect1,Sect2}, for User 2 filter Sector={Sect3,Sect4} for User4 filter Sector={Sect4}

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.