Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting #REF values in xslx after sending a report by e-mail

Hi experts, 

I have one issue about sending e-mail with NPrinting. 

I  created one report, that in one sheet has analytics, table with some data. This analytic I import like columns from table from Qlik Sense app.

For example (data)

NUMBER   MEASEURE1  MEASURE2

1                        5                          4

2                        3                        10

3                        7                        12

4                       11                       6

In other sheet I made other table, which take data from the first sheet

column1                                    column2

over 6                                   =sumif(Sheet1!Measure1; ">6"; Sheet1!Measure2)

less than 6                         =sumif(Sheet1!Measure1; "<6"; Sheet1!Measure2)

When I try this report by editor, it give me okay values. When I send on some adress, it come like #REF.

Yes, on my address come okay, but when I open in email, but if i download, give #REF.

On other address everywhere give #REF.

How can I solve this, any idea?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is normal because Qlik NPrinting, when it creates a table in the generated reports by replacing tags, it adds rows. For example you place the table tag and the original table has 15 rows, Qlik NPrinting will add 15 rows under the tag and moves the other tags down to avoid to overlap them. You can easily understand this by adding a fixed string like "This is the line number X" under the table tag in the template. Then run a report preview and you will see that the fixed string will be moved under.

To change this default behaviour, and keep the formula references, you need to unflag the option Expand Range in the table. By unflagging Expand Range Qlik NPrinting will not add rows under the table tag (or column tags) while generating the report. This means that, if you want to place other content under that table, you must leave a correct number of empty lines. So you must know how many lines your table will have but the cells will not be moved so other formulas that refer that cells will work.

Of course this behaviour is not related with email sending, it is related with the Excel template itself. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is normal because Qlik NPrinting, when it creates a table in the generated reports by replacing tags, it adds rows. For example you place the table tag and the original table has 15 rows, Qlik NPrinting will add 15 rows under the tag and moves the other tags down to avoid to overlap them. You can easily understand this by adding a fixed string like "This is the line number X" under the table tag in the template. Then run a report preview and you will see that the fixed string will be moved under.

To change this default behaviour, and keep the formula references, you need to unflag the option Expand Range in the table. By unflagging Expand Range Qlik NPrinting will not add rows under the table tag (or column tags) while generating the report. This means that, if you want to place other content under that table, you must leave a correct number of empty lines. So you must know how many lines your table will have but the cells will not be moved so other formulas that refer that cells will work.

Of course this behaviour is not related with email sending, it is related with the Excel template itself. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much!

It works!

Jasmina