cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Repository Database - Name

Hi

Does anyone know the name of the Qlik NPrinting repository database? For example in QlikSense the name is QSR. Actually I am able to querying the QSR database, I would like to make the same with NPrinting.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

I am using QlikSense Postgres driver to connect to NPrinting repo:

hostname:       localhost or "your server name"

Port:                4992

Database:       nprinting

user name:      postgres

password:       here put your repository password

cheers

Lech

NPREPO.pngNPREPO2.png

NPREPO3.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

I am using QlikSense Postgres driver to connect to NPrinting repo:

hostname:       localhost or "your server name"

Port:                4992

Database:       nprinting

user name:      postgres

password:       here put your repository password

cheers

Lech

NPREPO.pngNPREPO2.png

NPREPO3.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A lot of Thanks lech_miszkiewicz‌ I have successfully connected to the NPrinting Repository database. Do you know if that database contain the information of the objects you read from QlikSense (Charts, Tables, etc.)?

Regards

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am working on it. I noticed that there are some information about objects (for example: Fields, Variables). I did not spend enough time to look for charts and other visualisation objects.

I am trying to build QlikView/QlikSense app which will read repository and provide simple and quick view of what NPrinting repository is storing. This is work in progress so stay tuned.

cheers

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - look at this: Tracing QlikView/Qlik Sense objects in NPrinting Reports

I have been able to bring bit more light into it.

hth

cheers

Lech

danielnord
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Lech,

I'm trying to connect to the database the same way you did, I can however not access it from our Sense server. I've made sure that the two servers (Sense and NP) are on the same VLAN and there is no firewall inbetween them but I cannot access the database.

Do you need to change any config file or anything to be able to access postgres from another server?

Do you have any guide or anything similar for this?

//Daniel

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I have no documentation or anything - sorry. I did not do any changes to config files - just pure vanila NP and QS connection setup.

I just figured the connection details based on connection to to postgres QRS DB. So i tried couple of users, passwords, i looked in help document how the other services are communicating to repository to figure out port  etc... and finally i manged to get it working.

are you able to install sense desktop on NPrinting Box just to try it localy with "localhost" so you would get figured whether it works (password user etc...) ?

cheers

Lech

danielnord

Hi and thanks for your reply.

The issue here is that I have NPrinting installed on a server, and Sense Desktop cannot be installed on a server OS.

My main issue is that I cannot make a connection towards the NPrinting database, when I try to telnet the server on port 4992 I get a connection error, even though I have disabled firewalls and made sure that the two servers are on the same network. I think I might have read something about that you need to alter some config files in the Sense installation if you want any other IP than the localhost to make connections towards it, that's why I thought you needed to do the same in the NPrinting environment.

How does your setup look like? NP and Sense Desktop installed on a Windows client OS?

//Daniel

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am partner and i use both on my laptop. I have QlikSense and NPrinting installed on one box running Windows 10. (i know it is not supported setup but works for testing)

How about installing PostGres  client on NPrinting box and trying accessing it localy?

cheers

Lech

gileswalker
Creator
Creator

I have been trying to connect nPrinting to Qlik Sense using the manner described in the above postings re PostgreSQL. I cannot connect unfortunately. We have nPrinting on 1 server and Sense on another…..and we can connect to nPrinting with telnet using localhost and 4992, we just can't access nPrinting from the Sense server. The firewall is off during testing. The error is per attached picture.

Specifically on the username and password for the PostgreSQL connection, which username and password should it be, the one used when you log in to nPrinting, or an admin password? I am not the admin, but none of the others I have have worked.

If anyone can maybe make a suggestion as to how to trouble shoot this I would appreciate it.

error 240419.jpg