Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Scheduled Reports

Hello experts,

Am new to NPrinting and using NPrinting June 2019 on Qlik Sense.  Am learning and I have been able to create and distribute some reports but I still cannot understand how scheduled reports work. Do not get me wrong. I can schedule  reports in NPrinting but I do not understand how that report updates. For example  I create an NPrinting report of monthly sales and  schedule it to be delivered to the  user every month. How does this report  update every month to show sales for the various months?

And secondly, can one distribute or schedule reports in NPrinting  directly from Qlik without passing through the NPrinting report designer? Suggestions and links would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Think of NPrinting as of a user who does all the reporting using Qlik Sense. 

So to answer your first question regarding monthly reports and how data is refreshed first we need to answer the question if data in Qlik Sense is refreshed. NPrinting will use data existing in Qlik Sense application at the time when report is schedule to run. Just like any person does selections in Qlik Sense, NPrinting would apply filters (selections) to distribute apriopriate data to users. 

There is no magic there - you need to design filters and build your reports and distribution so it sends correct data daily/weekly/monthly etc... When you say "I create an NPrinting report of monthly sales and  schedule it to be delivered to the  user every month." I ask the question how did you create monthly sales? How did you define that it is monthly. Did you use flag in Qlik load script, or maybe you have used dynamic filter to select data required for that report or maybe you have built your objects in Qlik Sense using set analysis or some other logic to only show data you need for your monthly reports...

There is no one answer to your question.

You second question is not clear to me. NPrinting designer is required to build a report template and without it you cannot design report. Once you have report built (using designer) then you can schedule it in NPrinitng Admin console, or if you allow for subscriptions users can schedule it in News Stand or if you allow for OnDemand report generation and configure Qlik Sense for OnDemand report generation you can trigger report directly from Qlik Sense. News Stand subscriptions and OnDemand trigger reports only to person who requests it. Reports scheduled in Admin console are distributed to all users added to scheduled task.

I suggest you study NPrinting section on https://help.qlik.com

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Think of NPrinting as of a user who does all the reporting using Qlik Sense. 

So to answer your first question regarding monthly reports and how data is refreshed first we need to answer the question if data in Qlik Sense is refreshed. NPrinting will use data existing in Qlik Sense application at the time when report is schedule to run. Just like any person does selections in Qlik Sense, NPrinting would apply filters (selections) to distribute apriopriate data to users. 

There is no magic there - you need to design filters and build your reports and distribution so it sends correct data daily/weekly/monthly etc... When you say "I create an NPrinting report of monthly sales and  schedule it to be delivered to the  user every month." I ask the question how did you create monthly sales? How did you define that it is monthly. Did you use flag in Qlik load script, or maybe you have used dynamic filter to select data required for that report or maybe you have built your objects in Qlik Sense using set analysis or some other logic to only show data you need for your monthly reports...

There is no one answer to your question.

You second question is not clear to me. NPrinting designer is required to build a report template and without it you cannot design report. Once you have report built (using designer) then you can schedule it in NPrinitng Admin console, or if you allow for subscriptions users can schedule it in News Stand or if you allow for OnDemand report generation and configure Qlik Sense for OnDemand report generation you can trigger report directly from Qlik Sense. News Stand subscriptions and OnDemand trigger reports only to person who requests it. Reports scheduled in Admin console are distributed to all users added to scheduled task.

I suggest you study NPrinting section on https://help.qlik.com

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you  Lech.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries!