cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Scheduled Reports

How do I send a customized message when NPrinting scheduled reports to be delivered by email do not generate any data. Thanks for your suggestions.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

You can set up email notifications for errors, warnings, and success under Admin---Settings---Task--- Notifications. You can set up who should receive the email. 

Steven_Haught_0-1594406508974.png

You can also set up the  report emails to not send out when an error has occurred. This must be done by the system administrator. Information on setting this up can be found at the following location: 

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000064387

Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I need to send a customized message. I do not want to disable email notification or receive NPrinting's notification but I need to create my own message to send when report does not generate any data. The report is generated but there is no data to show. Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi. Just create another Html embedded report with your custom message and apply condition To create a custom message or empty string depending if there is a data or not and add this html report to your publish task

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the suggestion but am not sure I understand could you please explain further?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Pomna 

Apologies - I have taken shortcut with my answer. Below i will try to describe what needs to be done.

There are actually 2 possibilities:

1. having a conditional html content (conditions encapsulated in HTML report) or
  2. having a condition in NPrinting and additional HTML report (this option i will describe below)

1. Your current report you are sending:
    1. This report possibly has some filters, some data which in "some" circumstances will not exist. We need to create NPrinting condition which will check this before. This condition needs to evaluate if report will be produced or not...You can use "chart has value" method or whatever you like, but you have to come up with solution which will give you only true or false result.
      1. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm
      2. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm#a...
    2. Once we know that condition works as designed we can use it to add second report to your task - html report. This report will contain your  custom text/custom message and will be send only if your condition returns message that your first report cannot be produced.

So the approach is to not to send a report/email if report cannot be produced and instead send another html report with custom message. To be honest you can do this in a separate task, but you still need to have a condition created properly so you only send a custom message report when condition returns false to your main report.

This becomes more challenging if you use "enable cycle" functionality which you did not mention in your initial description. Using enable cycle complicates this approach as you will also need to use the same "enable cycle" approach when checking your custom message report

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.