Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
March 9, 10AM EST: Live Chat, Bring your NPrinting Questions! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puratchid3
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Section Access -Qliksense

I am using NPrinting April 2019 version.

While using section access with Qliksense i face error retrieving data.

Only the user with Root Admin roles in QlikSense is retrieving the data for others it return error.

The users already have professional and Analyser license in QlikSense same user is available in NPrinting also.

But the user only with Root Admin is getting the report.

Labels (2)
30 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Based on this screenshot i assume that user id used in section access is not matching recipient "Domain Name" property configured in users section of admin console. 

Are you sure you are using the same configuration of DOMAIN\USERID ? in section access and nprinting?

Is the section access working properly for those users directly in Qlik Sense?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
puratchid3
Contributor
Contributor

In Qliksense the users data is filtered using this section access.

We use DOMAIN\USERID in QlikSense USERID column. And in NPrinting the same users from the active directory is used similar to other 2 RootAdmin users. 

There is no change about it.

Lech_Miszkiewicz

I still think those are not matching... but cannot test it without having an actual access to your environment.

I say - open support ticket or maybe @Ruggero_Piccoli wants to add something..?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Check that the domain users set inside Qlik NPrinting users are correct and are present in the section access table. 

Share here the Qlik NPrinting Engine log file so we can check more detailed error message. If you cannot share here the log (it doesn't contain any QlikView or Qlik Sense apps data) open a support ticket, include a link to this conversation and all Qlik NPrinting log files.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
pablolabbe
Luminary
Luminary

@Ruggero_Piccoli   Does the recipient need to have a licence allocated in the Qlik Sense Server? Or NPrinting Engine is just impersonating the user through the account service ?

Thanks,

Pablo

Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi @pablolabbe , for the service account it depends, 
Upgrading to NPrinting June 2019 or later versions removes the necessity for a dedicated user account and an assigned "Token" or "Analyzer" license all together.

Regardles - recipient does not to have Qlik Sense token.

thanks
Lech
pablolabbe
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz . My question was related to recipients. 

I have two more questions :

Do recipients need to bee added as users in my server as user accounts ?

Do they need to have access to the  stream of the source application ?

Thanks,

Pablo

Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi @pablolabbe 

I assume this question is still related to NPrinting Section Access - Qliksense topic...so

Do recipients need to bee added as users in my server as user accounts ?

answer: users need to be loaded with their domain account into section access table in Qlik Sense app used in NPrinting connection and they also need to be created as user/recipient with Domain account populated properly in NPrinting. 

Do they need to have access to the  stream of the source application ?

answer: I dont think they do. In my testing they did not.

pablolabbe
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thank you for your answers. Customer is using NPrinting version February/19 so the following list could be a behavior I observed could be related to the version:

1 - When running the task, the Domain Accounts are created as users in the server. (I'm running the task reading the app seated in a test server and we only have a few users added).

2 - Users need to have access to stream of the application. Without this, the task fail with the error "Failed generation of report 60f57a5f-611c-4d45-82e4-dff9436b75db for user 768ea896-dcac-4b59-883c-72ab6a0ec8d7. ERROR: NPrinting Engine failed to open document"

3 - When we put all this in production , a report User with access to the Hub  will have access to the original stream of the app and also the reporting stream so this can confuse him.  (We have two apps , one for analysis and a the other is a copy only for be used as a base app for reporting. The copy have some layout changes to couple the requirements to use pixel perfect reporting).

Considering issues 2 and 3 customer decided to use user filters instead of section access.

Regards,

Pablo

gdelaossat1
Contributor
Contributor