cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Security Role Definitions

Hey guys,

I am really struggling to find the definitions between the user roles in NPrinting. I am pretty new to the program.

There is small descriptions on the NPrinting role area, but I was wondering if someone knew the difference and has used this functionality? I would really appreciate a definition breakdown of:

1. Administrator

2. Developer

3. NewsStand User

4. User

Thanks so much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Go to Roles in you admin console and look at the templates for pre-existing Roles. You will see exactly what options are selected for each role, meaning what user whitch such role can do with NPrinting.

look at screenshots how to observe setting for each role. Difference between each role is self explanatory then. You can use those roles as a template and modify them when creating new roles.

regards

Lech

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Admin - universal permissions, security and user management

Developer - access to all entities under Apps in the ribbon of the web console, along with destinations (note that this role does NOT include template creation/editing)

NewsStand user - ability to receive reports (subscribing is a separate permission)

User - same permissions as Newsstand User but not locked so you can configure them as needed.

If you want to see the exact permissions, click on the role in the Admin > Security roles section.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Go to Roles in you admin console and look at the templates for pre-existing Roles. You will see exactly what options are selected for each role, meaning what user whitch such role can do with NPrinting.

look at screenshots how to observe setting for each role. Difference between each role is self explanatory then. You can use those roles as a template and modify them when creating new roles.

regards

Lech

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you,

If I change an option within a User Security Role, will it auto update for all published reports or users with that role applied to their User name?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would belive so - I have not tested it , but if it is general Role (for all apps etc... ) then it should.

cheers

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It does work! We were able to test the process of adding and removing responsibilities!!!

Thanks Lech,