Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

NPrinting - Send filtered report via email to multiple users

Hi All

I have created a PixelPerfect report in NPrinting (release November 2017) which gets data from a Qlik Sense app.

This contains Sales figures for each user of an Application.

I need to send this report, once per month, to each User via email, as a PDF attachment, but only showing the data for each user.

During development, I set up a filter against the Report, set to one User, which works fine and produces one PDF, tailored to this user. I have been able to enable Report Cycling, and generate a report for each user, and stored in a File Share, so one PDF for each user.

I need to repeat this, but instead of putting the PDF out to the file share, attach and send as an email.

I've looked through the online help and post on the forums, and I'm a bit confused to how to do this?

I think, I need to...

1) create NPrinting users for each person who will be emailed

2) create a filter for every user, set to the users name from the Qlik Sense app

3) set this Filter against the user

4) create and run the publish task

This should then apply each users filter to the report, and send them their customized PDF? - IS THIS CORRECT?

I have ~150 users to do this for, so I think I can import all of the above, but, before preparing the import spreadsheet, I need to be sure this is the correct process.

Can anyone please assist?

11 Replies
patrickanderson
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Sahal/Carl,

Please keep this thread going if you find a solution or work around. I have a requirement to send 1000+ pixel perfect reports to users. No way i can maintain that list and sync that many tasks/ filters manually.

Sahal,

I think i need to move to other tools too. What options are you exploring? I am thinking either PowerBI or SSRS since my client is already a MS shop.

Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

As I understand it filters needs to be created one by one and "attached" to a user or group. You can either do this manually or via import from an excel sheet. For me this is bad  and very time consuming.  

I started a new topic after reading this one from 2018 and thought that something new must have come up!

(https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Same-report-but-different-data-sent-to-user...) but as it looks "This is the way Nprinting work " ….

But for me this was not enough so i started yet (hehe...) another topic after discussion this but  this time about section access that we have setup in QlikView and if we could import the security set up from there and if that would work- however I have not got it to work yet.

(https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Section-access-in-Nprinting-together-with-Q...)

When it comes to other tools we are using SSRS with DDS (data driven subscription) and also Qliks "old" feature PDF Generation - With Loop & Reduce. Both options work for us, however we had hoped that Nprinting would replace both them but it lookes like it won't:(