cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanbrown
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Server APPCRASH Error Upon Application Close

I have installed NPrinting Server v16.3 on two different servers (Test-Win 2012 R2; Prod-Win 2008 R2) and have been able to successfully distribute reports.  However, every time I close the application I receive an error:

Faulting application name: NPrintingSvcConfig.exe, version: 16.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x562e19f0

Faulting module name: ole32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18915, time stamp: 0x55981b9e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001e651

Faulting process id: 0x2f2c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d164ea01da7d7f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Server\NPrintingSvcConfig.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll

Report Id: 46d8433f-d0dd-11e5-92a8-ac162d84d15e

Though I can distribute, I would like to determine the cause of this error in the event it is not benign as well as to reduce errors in Event Viewer.

Has anyone experienced this and resolved the error or have any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 16.3 is a very old version. I suggest you to update to latest (16.7 right now) that has many solved bugs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Did you find a solution for this . i am getting the same error and i am unable to distribute reports.

ryanbrown
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, Joe. Unfortunately I haven't resolved the error but I am still able to distribute reports. It never has hindered reports going out.

If you want to post a discussion on your issue I'd be glad to try to help. Are you getting any other errors? When does the APPCRASH error show up for you?

michael_solomon
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi ,

Any update on this? I get the same error for NP 16.6.

FYI, I am able to distribute reports.

Thanks,

Michael

ryanbrown
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, Michael. This was never resolved and it appears to be benign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

This issue occurs because of a known issue in Ole32.dll. When certain applications implement the IEnumFORMATETC interface but do not implement the IEnumFORMATETC::Next() function correctly, Ole32.dll adds a malformed data structure to the system clipboard. When another process queries the Clipboard later, the processes may receive this malformed data structure. Therefore, heap corruption occurs in this process. So you can try to download latest version of this dll and check if it helps you.

ryanbrown
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for that information, Oleksandr. I'm not able to find a Microsoft-based resource for downloading the proper DLL file for both 2008 R2 and 2012 R2. Since the issue has no practical impact other than logging an event I'm going to allow it to stay status quo. I appreciate your thoughtful response!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 16.3 is a very old version. I suggest you to update to latest (16.7 right now) that has many solved bugs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
quayden
Contributor
Contributor

I got to say it's a very annoying error, I download ole32.dll from Internet, but it seems still need to register or something like that. Although after I register the file, now everything goes well, but I got no idea why this happened and how to avoid, that's no good.