cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting Server on Same Machine as Qlikview Server

We just purchased NPrinting server and have a few questions about where to install it.

We have a setup where we have one machine running QV Server/QV Web server and another machine running publisher.

I am wondering if I can install NPrinting Server on either of these machines?  I would like to install on the QV Server side as it has more memory. 

Also, should I create a new user to run the NPrinting service or can I use the user that is running QV services?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

NPrinting can (and often is) installed on the same server as QlikView Server.

You should have a dedicated NPrinting user with admin rights on the machine.

There's a setup and install guide here:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8443

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

NPrinting can (and often is) installed on the same server as QlikView Server.

You should have a dedicated NPrinting user with admin rights on the machine.

There's a setup and install guide here:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8443

Best

Aran

Not applicable

the nprinting server is typically isntalled on the same server as QlikView.  Wherever you isntall it, please make sure that NPrinting service is running under a different user than the qlikview service and is not using a leased QV license

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideally I would put NPrinting Server on a dedicated machine.

But if that is not possible then I would put it on the existing Publisher machine.

Generally QlikView Server is best on a dedicated machine.  Adding QV Web Server onto this machine, as you have done, is generally perfectly ok.

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Bill,

Would you mind confirming, when you have NPrinting Server & Publisher on the same server, you need to simply point the "Source" settings in NSQ files to the "SourceDocuments" of which the QVWs residing within the same server, right? (As opposed to the Access Points folder within QV Server?)

If the above is correct, then likewise, if I have NPrinting Server installed on QV Server (Machine A), and Publisher on a different Server (Machine B) per Aran's suggestion, then my NSQ files which are sitting on Machine A, need to be pointed to the QVWs within "SourceDocuments" folder in the Machine B (using UNC Path).

Thank you for your input (or anyone else who could help confirming the above 2 scenarios),

Best regards,

Anton