Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting Service Account

Hello,

I am trying to set the requirements for NPrinting Service Account to my IT guys. The 'Configuring and Troubleshooting NPrinting Server Service and Schedules' says: 'Be dedicated, interactive, standard domain or local computer account and not shared with any other Windows Server Service'.

The question: is there any potential danger to run NPrinting service under local to the server, but not a domain account (obviously it is satisfying the rest of requirements like be an admin on the server, different from QV service accnt, etc.,)?

Appreciate in advance your help.

Leon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you keep NP files (qvws, nsqs, templates) on the network separate from the NP server, the NP service account needs to access those files on the network.

If you use a local account, then the NP service will not be able to access network stored NP files. It is simpler to use a domain account and add the domain account to the local administrators group on the NP server.

It's a potential networking problem if you use a local computer account for the NP server service.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you keep NP files (qvws, nsqs, templates) on the network separate from the NP server, the NP service account needs to access those files on the network.

If you use a local account, then the NP service will not be able to access network stored NP files. It is simpler to use a domain account and add the domain account to the local administrators group on the NP server.

It's a potential networking problem if you use a local computer account for the NP server service.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Frank. I have the same impression - the domain account should prevent any potential networking issues.

Thanks again,

Leon