Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nargesbrz
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Service account number of demand report generated

Hi,

I am looking for a solution which I can generate a report to have the number of On-demand reports generated by the NPrinting service account.

I have used the session monitor app but the issue is it shows the number of sessions and it can be multiple sessions for a single on-demand report. any idea appreciated.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suggest you upgrade to at least Nov 2020 or even better to Feb 2021 version where you can easily utilise Audit logs for that purpose. 

see details here:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2021/02/06/nprinting-audit-logs/

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that in the audit trail table also previews done with the Qlik NPrinting Designer are recorded with data_type = 'OnDemandRequest'. To filter only On-Demand requests you have to add the where condition data->>'requestSourceType' = 'OnDemand' and you will have both creation and download records. To select only the creation records add action = 'Created'.

SQL code will be similar too:

select *,
    data->>'format' as request_format,
    data->>'requestSourceType' as request_type
from public.audit_event
where data_type = 'OnDemandRequest'
   and data->>'requestSourceType' = 'OnDemand'
   and action = 'Created'

where I added

data->>'format' as request_format,
    data->>'requestSourceType' as request_type

only to show an example about how to transform JSON data to columns.

From February 2021 you can also retrieve audit data via APIs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.