Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

NPrinting Storytelling?

Hi all,

does anybody know if Storytelling printing is in the Roadmap? Is there a published Roadmap?

Thanks

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Francesco

I will not be able to answer your question since i do not know the answer, but i have a question - why would you have story telling printing? What would be a usecase.

- Are you refering to a situation where in story you can reference whole sheet with dynamic data so it updates when you actualy preview it?

or

-Are you referring to "normal stories" with snapshots in them - if so - why would you add extra step and complecity to print it via NPrinting, you can just print it by yourself once you create a story and have a job done.

just curious....

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

use case is following: the customer has created a number of stories in Qlik Sense with dynamic sheets and with single objects. Not all users can/will connect to Qlik Sense mainly due to security restrictions. So they'd need to share a printed PDF or PPT version of this.

So it's a mixed situation, I'd say that it might fall in the first situation in general.

Francesco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Francesco,

why not just that save that history Telling in a pdf and export it?

I wonder myself why is worthy to use Nprinting.

Best Regards,

Enrique

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well, the point would be to have an automated reporting from the story, best of all worlds if it was possible to create it as user in Sense and then schedule it from NPrinting server.

I've had a few customers asking if it was possible to do that.

jkoelemeijer
Contributor
Contributor

did you get an update ? is that an option yet?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The required feature is not yet available. I suggest you to develop normal Qlik NPrinting templates because I have no idea if it will be developed and when.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.