Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
earlowens
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Table Excel Template returns the wrong columns after June 2018 Release

After we installed the June 2018 release of both Qlik Sense Server and NPrinting, I'm having an issue with an NPrinting Excel report.  This report ran fine before our upgrade (two days ago) and there have been no changes since then to either the connected Sense app or the NPrinting template.

So the issue - I'm pulling specific columns out of a table and dropping them into cells of the template, and it returns the wrong column (a column of text where I'm trying to get it to pull a formula).

And yes, I have re-cached the connection to the app, and I've even removed that table from the template and re-added it.  It's still wrong every time.  For the life of me, I can't get it to display the proper columns where I want them.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
earlowens
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So after a lot more troubleshooting and testing, I ended up recreating the object in the app that was causing the problem and pulling that new object into my NPrinting report.  This corrected the problem.

The tip-off that this might fix it was that I tested it with a new NPrinting App connected to a different Qlik Sense app and I wasn't able to recreate the issue there.  But if I created a new NPrinting App (and connection) to that same Sense App and object, it kept happening.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
earlowens
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As I'm testing this further, the column from the table that it actually pulls seems random depending on what order I drop it in Excel.  So it's not even consistent with which column from the Sense table that it returns.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

looks like a case for Qlik support....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
earlowens
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So after a lot more troubleshooting and testing, I ended up recreating the object in the app that was causing the problem and pulling that new object into my NPrinting report.  This corrected the problem.

The tip-off that this might fix it was that I tested it with a new NPrinting App connected to a different Qlik Sense app and I wasn't able to recreate the issue there.  But if I created a new NPrinting App (and connection) to that same Sense App and object, it kept happening.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Still i think it is a case for Qlik to investigate. If you can re-create an issue maybe it is worth pointing it to R&D that something like this happens.

Many customers will move/upgrade from older versions of Qlik & NPrinitng to newer ones soon and they will likely experience the same.

Ruggero, Daniel what do you reckon guys?

djkrpc

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Earl,

I am facing the same issue, although after upgrade to April QS. I also did a lot of testing and troubleshooting, but your solution hasn't worked for me - I tried creating everything from scratch, thus QS app with completely new data (just one simple qvd), new Nprinting App, new filter, new report. Still having the issue... I found another two workarounds

1. use a whole table as an object in QS
  2. the table in QS must have the columns in specific order  - firstly all dimensions, then measures.

The problem arises as soon as there are "mixed" dimensions and measures between each other (e.g. having

| dim | dim | measure | dim | measure |...

Does creating from scratch work for you even when having this "mixed" column types?

(btw I am describing my issue in details here, if it's not clear : Nprinting wrong columns order in table with expressions and dimensions

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all, update to latest version June 2018 and test with it. You can do a direct update: download and install June 2018 setups and run them. In this way all your Qlik NPrinting entities will be preserved.

If you still have the issue with June 2018, please open a support case. Include the app that is giving you the issue and all useful details like the Qlik Sense and NPrinting version, and what you to to recreate the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please open a support case in order to let us to investigate. Please include the apps that generate the issue and the one that works. Add also all the details we need to be able to recreate the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ruggero,

thanks for your input, I'll try with the June version, in case it is still not working, we'll set up a case I guess

Simona

earlowens
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Simona,

The particular table that was giving me trouble is indeed a "mixed" order table, but it was actually kind of necessary that the table be laid out this way.  We also don't want to include all columns from the table in the scheduled distribution since it's just supposed to be a summary.  We are on the June 2018 release, and recreating the object exactly as it was (still "mixed" order of dimensions and measures) did correct the issue, thankfully.  The scheduled distribution of this report went out over the weekend and was fine.

Hopefully moving up to the latest version will help!

Earl