Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Task trigger and Newsstand subscription schedule

Hi All,

I'm trying to understand the NewsStand subscription feature.

What is the reason for having a Subscription schedule where as the Report is only distributed based on a Task trigger.

So if the task trigger is set to run once in a week and the Subscription schedule is set to run daily then the subscriptions will just be repeatedly running the same version of the report. So what exactly the subscription does?

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli could you please help? I've read your response to this post (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NewsStand-Nprinting-v17-2-1-0/m-p/1450139#M...) however I need little bit more explanation of the Newsstand subscription feature. Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about if you just create your own subscription and see how it works. 

The bit i guess you missed is that when users create their own subscription they also are creating a new publish task with new trigger. Subscription does not bring report from the ones which are already produced - instead it actually generates a report based on the data present at the time of its run in Qlik application.

In some instances (like when your Qlik Sense or QlikView data) refreshes only once a week - there is no point of having subscriptions. But if your Qlik application refreshes for example daily, and you only send reports on Monday, then users can have they subscriptions which will run on Tue, Wed or any other schedule...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about if you just create your own subscription and see how it works. 

The bit i guess you missed is that when users create their own subscription they also are creating a new publish task with new trigger. Subscription does not bring report from the ones which are already produced - instead it actually generates a report based on the data present at the time of its run in Qlik application.

In some instances (like when your Qlik Sense or QlikView data) refreshes only once a week - there is no point of having subscriptions. But if your Qlik application refreshes for example daily, and you only send reports on Monday, then users can have they subscriptions which will run on Tue, Wed or any other schedule...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks so much for such a nice explanation. I think I didn't put enough effort from my end verifying/understanding the concepts.

Also I like your blogs here (https://nprintingadventures.com/)

I would recommend the site to other who are exploring NPrinting. Thanks again for your constant help in explaining the NPrinting features.