Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Test/Dev Server

Hello,

I need help connecting  NPrinting test server engine to the dev server.  I have both servers set up but I need to connect both. Thanks

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

Well, what are you asking for actually?

If you want to get a training and step by step instructions I suggest to use learning portal for it:

https://learning.qlik.com/course/search.php?search=nprinting

otherwise everything you need to know is here: https://help.qlik.com 

There are many things you need to do and they depend on the version of software you are using so make sure you choose correct help versions. Go through it all and then please ask more specific questions if you find any roadblocks.

Note that NPrinting is an Enterprise class toll and there are many configuration steps which need to be performed to configure it. You need to be trained to do those steps. There is no point explaining everything on community as it will take days to do so!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I already have both test and dev servers for NPrinting set up but I need them to communicate. That is, I need their engines connected. I have not been able to locate any article or help page to get a solution to that. 

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry but your question is not clear:

is that what you talking about?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Adding-a-Qlik...

note:

when you say Test/Dev server are you refering to 2 different boxes where on each of them you have installed NPrinting Server and NPrinting Engine? 

Obviously each of those instances needs to have license applied before you can proceed further. Once license is applied you  can use the steps from link I have given you. 

You also need to know certificate password which you have setup during engine installation.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

During the installation steps of a Qlik NPrinting Engine you specify to which Qlik NPrinting Server it has to connect. Then you have to configure it in the Web Console of the connected Server.

If you want to connect an Engine to another Server you must uninstall that Engine then install it again and specify a different server during the installation. 

It is not possible (April 2020) to change this Engine configuration without uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Am getting the below  message on the test server. How do I resolve that please

Capture.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you added engine as per instructions I sent you? Can you share a screenshot of added engine as per instruction. 

Are the services running

This message is too generic and can mean that:

• you simply did not configure nprinting
  • you configured nprinting but engine service is not running
  • maybe you configured and installed nprinting wrong

It is hard to say. As i said before all required steps to configure environment are in help and they need to be done "by the book". Make sure you do all of them properly.

What do you see in the Engine log files? (location of log files is described on help site) 

This is not a topic for community post. There is too many things we would need to check and know starting from Engine installation steps. This is either consultancy or support case. Consultancy to do it or support if it is done right and there is something wrong with the product which i doubth.

Maybe someone else will give you better advice, but at this stage with the information we have I cannot advice you. 

Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the suggestions

Pomna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for  response