cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Upgrading from 15 to 17

Hello!

In less than two days I'm going to upgrade NPrinting 15 to NPrinting November 2017.

I'm going to stop services and fully uninstall and re install.

What else would you recommend? What can I reuse and how? (I'm guessing we should be able to keep using the reports the customer already made in 15).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

It is impossible to upgrade to NPrinting 17 from any version of NP 15 or 16.

You must upgrade to at least NP 16.3 in order to leverage the project export tool.

Then you can 'migrate only' to NP 17 your NPrinting reports contained in your exported NP project.

NP 15 is no longer supported

NP 16.3 or higher contains the project export tool.

NP 17 is 64 bit platforn and you may not upgrade directly from NP 16. You must migrate only.

For NP 17 systems requirements before migrating, see link below

Planning your deployment ‒ Qlik NPrinting

For NP 17 gap features see link below (do not migrate until you fully understand all requirements necessary for a successful migration

What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

See attached documents for NP 16 to NP 17 migration processes as well as the link below:

Migrating report templates from older versions of Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

If you require migration assistance, please contact your Qlik Account manager who can put you in touch with Qlik Consulting services to assist you with migration planning and implementation.

Reference: Migration from NP 16.x.x.x to NP 17.x.x.x or Higher

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

It is impossible to upgrade to NPrinting 17 from any version of NP 15 or 16.

You must upgrade to at least NP 16.3 in order to leverage the project export tool.

Then you can 'migrate only' to NP 17 your NPrinting reports contained in your exported NP project.

NP 15 is no longer supported

NP 16.3 or higher contains the project export tool.

NP 17 is 64 bit platforn and you may not upgrade directly from NP 16. You must migrate only.

For NP 17 systems requirements before migrating, see link below

Planning your deployment ‒ Qlik NPrinting

For NP 17 gap features see link below (do not migrate until you fully understand all requirements necessary for a successful migration

What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

See attached documents for NP 16 to NP 17 migration processes as well as the link below:

Migrating report templates from older versions of Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

If you require migration assistance, please contact your Qlik Account manager who can put you in touch with Qlik Consulting services to assist you with migration planning and implementation.

Reference: Migration from NP 16.x.x.x to NP 17.x.x.x or Higher

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Frank.

By NPrinting 16.3 (or later) you mean 16 SR3 or later right?

I'll then upgrade to 16 SR7 first then.

Frank_S
Support
Support

You are welcome.

Yes correct NP 16 SR 3.

chthomas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

Is it possible to update QVNPrinting 15.2 to 16.3, with NP 16.3 installer ?

Thank you

Ch.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes that would be fine. 

Note: Make sure to backup your NSQ's 'if' a rollback is needed for any reason before following below:

I would simply

• uninstall NP 15.x.x. Server and Designer
  • Check the Windows services panel to ensure that the NPrinting Server service has been removed.

After completing the upgrade/installation of NP 16.3 server and designer:

• Open each NSQ in the NP 16.3 designer and save each NSQ in order to upgrade the NSQ files.

*Please note the following End of Life Information regarding NP 16.x.x.x*