cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting User Security Roles

Hello,

If I change some of the actions within the "Newsstand User" for instance, will this update be live when I hit save to all users with this role or do the reports they have access to need to be republished?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

why don't you just test it??

It does not require much as it only changes current Role definition, and applies this definition from the moment you set it up.

example role X

• i was given a role X and allocated to my user
  • I was able to access NewsStand
  • yesterday admin has changed this role and Role X states that user does not have an access to NewsStand, so from yesterday i cannot access News Stand.
  • If tomorrow admin will decide to resume an access to news stand for Role X, i will get an access again.

Just test it as it does not change reports, it only changes permisions to see/access things

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

why don't you just test it??

It does not require much as it only changes current Role definition, and applies this definition from the moment you set it up.

example role X

• i was given a role X and allocated to my user
  • I was able to access NewsStand
  • yesterday admin has changed this role and Role X states that user does not have an access to NewsStand, so from yesterday i cannot access News Stand.
  • If tomorrow admin will decide to resume an access to news stand for Role X, i will get an access again.

Just test it as it does not change reports, it only changes permisions to see/access things

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lech, I tested it and it works!!