Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielnord
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting Web Engine timeout

Hi,

Does anyone know if NPrinting, like Qlik Sense, has a configurable timeout for the web engine?

We are experiencing an issue at a customer where a short duration of inactivity causes the users the be thrown out and needs to log in again.

In Qlik Sense there is a timeout setting for the proxy service (<add key="WebSocketPingInterval" value="0"/>) where the default value is "0" but when changed to 60 the session is kept alive.

Have anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you solve it?

BR

Daniel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the support ticket. I think it is the best solution to investigate the issue.

Please evaluate to share the solution here. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Session-ex...

Maybe somedoby customized the session expiration.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
danielnord
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this just lets you alter the amount of time that the users will be logged in, this does not handle the actual timeout that I'm speaking of.

In our case, what happens is that even if a user is active and working in the NP Console he or she will get an error message saying something like "Error trying to open page" and then when you click the Qlik NPrinting logo to take you to the dashboard you will be presented with the login page again.

From what I understood from reading that help section is that only allows you to keep the session alive, it does not handle the issue of being kicked out in the first place.

I have yet to open a case with Qlik Support since I wanted to check if anyone here had faced this kind of issue before.

BR

Daniel

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the support ticket. I think it is the best solution to investigate the issue.

Please evaluate to share the solution here. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero