Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting and OneDrive

I see their is documentation on how to send an output to a GoogleDrive.  I am wondering is there a way to send a report from NPrinting to OneDrive.  If there is can someone share a link with me.

Thanks,

David

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, resolution is in the above discussion, you sync a local folder on server with one drive and then save to that folder

View solution in original post

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Share your folder with the user who you login as on the server, when shared, you then need to go to sharepoint and sync that folder on the qlikview server. Instructions here

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-sharepoint-files-with-the-onedrive-for-business-sync-c...

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

David - one generic approach with all of the cloud based storage options is to write NPrinting output files locally to the appropriate 'synced' folder and simply let the desktop cloud app or native capabilities of the cloud sync keep the content replicated between the local NPrinting Server and the Cloud site.  There are valid reasons to keep a copy of the report both on-prem and in the cloud.  It's a simple approach that leverages the vendors own technology.  To let NPrinting drop a file to a local folder is no different than a user dragging the file in.

For One Drive their documentation says:

To upload files to OneDrive automatically, just copy or move the files to your OneDrive folder using File Explorer, or save them in your OneDrive folder from a program. Files you upload this way can be up to 10 GB in size. If you installed the OneDrive app on other computers, the files will automatically be added to the OneDrive folders on them, too.

Not applicable
Author

‌Thanks Kyle.  I had a feeling that was the case after I enter the question.  

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Krt

I am trying to use this exact method you suggested, however my issue is that the folder path is related to the user who is logged in e.g. C:\Users\\

The problem with this is i use a particular user for testing e.g. NPRINT_TEST and another user for the actual live environment NPRINT_PRD. If I hardcode the path to save the report in Nprinting nsq then I have to remember to change it every time I want to TEST or promote to Production.

Do you know of a way around this?

My thanks in advance for any suggestions

Derek

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You mentioned an .nsq so I suppose you are working with QlikView NPrinting 16. In this case QlikView NPrinting 16 supports environment variable. So you could use variables in the paths and simply change a variable when moving the project to the production environment.

Refer to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Use-Environment-Variables/ta-p/1489864.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Ruggero

That will reduce maintenance to only a single manual update, but ideally I was looking for a way that the variable could be derived depending on which environment it's in e.g. pickup from a text file on the environment declaring the variable value. I cannot seem to do this last step, no logic can be applied to the environmental variables it appears.

Anyway, it reduces the workload anyway to a single maintenance which helps massively

Thanks

Derek

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

So for anyone interested in a full resolution to this issue, there is actually a much simpler solution. What I was not aware of is that this One Drive folder on the local machine is simply just another standard folder with security permissions, so if you simply give read/write permissions to Test User of the Production User's folder then it does not matter if while running as test user you save to production user's folder, it allows that.

So, to be clear, no variables required for this in the end, just setup folder permissions.

anindya_manna
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Is it possible to place Nprinting output to one drive??

If not then is it possible to place Nprinting output from a server to one drive?

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, resolution is in the above discussion, you sync a local folder on server with one drive and then save to that folder

anindya_manna
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sorry actually i did not understand.

I can sync up from local drive.But how to do for a folder from different server to my one drive?